View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2014, 07:34 PM
I sympathise with you IceCody! I was criticised by family and friends when I bought Georgina my Shar-Pei girl who was not only very expensive but has an impressive pedigree. I was then asked if I intended to show her as she comes from a long line of champion dogs. When I said no, I only wanted her as a pet I was told by one friend how nice it must be to have so much money that I could waste it on such a frivolity.

I've never regretted buying my "frivolity" she's the joy of my life as are my other dog and my cat. I can't put a price on the happiness they bring me. To me they're worth more than all the diamonds in the world!
IceCody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
should say Crufts
Ah oki

I cant show at Crufts since it would take a month of quaranteen to get them back in Iceland. So I only do the local shows
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2014, 10:06 PM
I think just ignore people like that! Ignorance on there part, my hubby used to go fishing, people used to say how could I let (??!!) him spend that much money on such a 'boring' pointless pastime!! People poking their noses in does my head in
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2014, 11:45 PM
I'm old enough now not to get frustrated by criticisms.

I have had dogs in my life for over 35 years. Anyone who doesn't like it doesn't need to visit if it makes them feel uncomfortable.

As for what I spend no matter what that's on is up to me and as I never ask to borrow money for what I want to do with my life then I would suggest it's their problem not mine if they don't like or approve of it.

Just keep smiling - makes you feel so much better than trying to justify yourself all the time and is far less frustrating
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm old enough now not to get frustrated by criticisms.

I have had dogs in my life for over 35 years. Anyone who doesn't like it doesn't need to visit if it makes them feel uncomfortable.

As for what I spend no matter what that's on is up to me and as I never ask to borrow money for what I want to do with my life then I would suggest it's their problem not mine if they don't like or approve of it.

Just keep smiling - makes you feel so much better than trying to justify yourself all the time and is far less frustrating
Couldn't agree more with what Chris says there. No one's business and who cares what they think. Because I am like I am I would be 'winding them up' even further in your place. Telling them I am going to buy them genuine diamond collars for their birthdays and all sorts lol!
(I do love tormenting stroppy people!)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2