Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 03:33 PM

I'm never going to make friends again!

I wish I were dead
I realy do

My problems started last night. I was talking to my carer on messenger, things were going fine, then her boyfriend came in and saw her talking to me. He blew his top. He told her "when you walk in the door at home you leave work behind. I don't want you talking to him (me) again, he is contacting you too much" I want you to rest!

She txted me and told me what he had said, I was in shock.
I have only emailed her about 10 jokes, just the jokes themsleves nothing from me. (I asked her before I did it too! I have texted her once in two months. she said it was ok.

So when she has come in at tea time there, she has asked if I wouldn't mind deleting her contact info from my computer and her phone number from my phone. Which I was going to do anyway. I asked her if she still wanted to come, and she said yes, so I don't know if I'm coming or going!

I really wish I hadn't Blackie here, I could do what I wanted then. I have been up all night, trying to work out where I have gone wrong.

I'll never ever make friends with anyone ever agian. This has really hurt me.

I wish I hadn't had these dammed operations, that I had died years ago.

Ian
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh Ian you haven't done anything wrong her boyfriend is jealous of her spending time talking to you or with having what he sees as his time with her interupted, that's all. It's not your fault that he is reacting like that. Just enjoy the time she does spend with you on a one to one basis, don't let him spoil that. Please don't let this put you off making friends you need more of them not less. The more friends you make the more chance you have of moving on with your life.
Big Hugs :smt008
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I couldn't agree more with Trouble. Try not to let this man's jealousness put you off making friends

With the way you are feeling, have you considered seeking the help of a counsellor?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I couldn't agree more with Trouble. Try not to let this man's jealousness put you off making friends

With the way you are feeling, have you considered seeking the help of a counsellor?
yes, I'm going to contact my doctor in the morning. I've got some antidepressants, but I don't want to touch them. The way I feel I might take the boxfull.

Ian
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Please don't Ian You have friends on here. Blackie depends on you.

Please give your doctor a call and get some professional help. xx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 03:55 PM
stay on-line son, talking to folks is the best anti-depressant there is. a problem shared, is a problem halved. take comfort in the fact that your carer is not distancing herself from you.

if i feel down, i put a funny film on the dvd, "blazing saddles" or "anger management" or "caddyshack". the one-liners that rodney dangerfield comes away with in that one will put a smile on your face !
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Please don't Ian You have friends on here. Blackie depends on you.

Please give your doctor a call and get some professional help. xx
NO! I won't, I wouldn't leave Blackie. If I was going to do anything that daft I would find a place for Blackie, we've been through some rough times together.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 03:59 PM
It must be me, every time I get to know somebody of the oppostie sex something seems to happen.

I'm destined not to have a female friend in person.

Ian
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Ian - so many of your posts have been so sad lately (HUGS!).

The boyfriend is obviously jealous and from what you say isn't a great guy either. I don't understand why she told you what he said? She should be able to pick her own friends. You haven't done anything wrong here - this is something to do with them and their relationship, I think.

Aw don't regret having Blackie there - he is your best friend, as are all our dogs. If I didn't have Loki I'd be free to go off and do so many things but I'd rather have my faithful companion and that is the honest truth. Other things (travel abroad etc.) would be empty and pointless without him.

Please don't say such damning things about yourself. Things are very hard for you but you must try to stay positive. I think a counsellor etc. is a really good idea at this point. Are there any clubs - on-line or otherwise - where you could chat to people in a similar situation to yourself?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
What do I tell the doctor though. Because I suppose I have broken the boundaries by being a friend as well as a client, if you know what I mean.

Ian
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »