View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:44 PM
great idea, though I hve to say that distraction is quite difficult foe me. Even when I think of something else the panic still creeps in. But it does help to talk and to tell people and the release is amazing especially for those who like me, have been scared to admit!!

leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 08:44 PM
But thats just it finding a way you can cope.
If thats the thing that helps you cope i for 1 don't think there's any thing wrong with it.
Your stronger than you think jules, you can see your determination from your posts.

I didn't mean a bag on a permanent basis.....
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
great idea, though I hve to say that distraction is quite difficult foe me. Even when I think of something else the panic still creeps in. But it does help to talk and to tell people and the release is amazing especially for those who like me, have been scared to admit!!

Try and remember although it feel's like it, your not alone.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Isn't it awful to think how many people are going through this
My GP told me last year that they did an audit of all their cases at one point. Almost a third of the current cases were related to mental health issues.

I can say with certainty, that for me, it was a case of letting the pills kick in before I even thought about starting to tackle the issues. Once they kicked in, I slowly grew enough mental strength, and more importantly, mental clarity, to start seeing the issues in a different perspective.

Drugs may not be a perfect solution but in most cases they are a reliable solution. It's easy for people to say forget drugs, go talk about it instead, because they don't realise the sheer volume of effort needed to even take a trip to the counsellor, the psychiatrist, or other professional body. That trip may involve having to take a train journey, sit waiting in a crowded room, walk through a hectic street, and so forth. All easy to the non-sufferer. Possible a worst nightmare to the sufferer.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I am away to walk Ben , all by myself!!

But hope I'll be ok, vodka here for when I get back, then bed.

I'll be back tomorrow.

I am truly grateful to everyone who has contributed to this thread...

We will speak again soon

Stay safe peaceful and happy
XXX
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 08:49 PM
It must be difficult and a huge task in itself, for some people to even get to an appointment.
I think if the drugs help even if it's just time before some one learns to cope, they can't be all bad.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Your'll be ok, you have ben!
Remember you can do it!
Catch you again, go to bed happy.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah GSD I can SOO get that, I go tothe docs and sit in the car ny B/F goes in and hen doc calls my name BF comes and gets me,. I cant cope with waiting room. Scary eh....
Thank you for sharing
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
yeah GSD I can SOO get that, I go tothe docs and sit in the car ny B/F goes in and hen doc calls my name BF comes and gets me,. I cant cope with waiting room. Scary eh....
Thank you for sharing
hehe If it's any consolation, I've grown up with OCD which means I also have to count things wherever I go. So, for example, I have to count the number of posters on the surgery walls. If the number is different to the last visit, I have to sit and work out which ones are new, which ones are gone, and which ones have moved. It helps me to feel at ease with my surroundings but I don't recommend it as a treatment.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:55 PM
I have to admit before I had my panic attacks which started 9 years ago. I always felt like saying pull yourself together to someone. Unless you go through it yourself you cannot understand the feelings. I hate it when someone says it now. I think walk a mile in my shoes and you will soon see it is not that easy. We would all love to be able to just pull ourselves together but our minds won't let us. My mother is a wonderful person and I love her dearly but she just keeps on saying why can't you do this or why can't you go there. I just can't explain why I can't do simple things. I used to love my holidays abroad and I just can't do it now just the thought of being that far away from my comfort zone (my home) terrifies me. I don't understand these things myself so find it very hard to explain it to someone who has never been there. I just take one day at a time.
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »