View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Im trying to loose weight, but find it hard.
I have made myself a target...I got to Turkey in a week, for a week. The monday after I get home im going to really get stuck into eating healthier!!

Iv bought the dogs a new harness and lead each so I can take them walking alot more than I do at the moment.

I really want to loose some weight before my wedding in March, however I know I wont get to my ideal weight by then.

I was always about 10 stone, until I met my OH, who likes his food! I have gained about 4 stone, and recently feel really crappy about myself coz none of my clothes fit me

I hope you get to the weight you want, and I'll try and join you xxx
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 03:47 PM
I CAN'T walk Alfie more than I do as he doesn't cope, so kinda tricky for me there haha, but good idea!

Anyone who wants to join me can! I want to lose a minimum of 4 stone... so a long way to go! Just have to try and keep motivated and on track lol

Have fun in Turkey!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 04:06 PM
My o/h has been trying different diets since Christmas, and nothing worked......soooo, two weeks ago, he said he just wants soup at night So what I do is, I give him soup one night with two slices of some fancy seeded bread from Morrisons, and the next night he has 3 eggs made into scrambled egg, again with the bread toasted, that's dinner.

for breakfast he has his special K. For lunch he has 6 Ryevita's with low fat soft cheese, a celery stick, and a carrot

I have to say, I'm absolutely AMAZED coz he has now lost 8lb a week over 2 weeks!!! Too much too fast imo but it's what he wants and he hasn't keeled over yet, he feels much better he says!

Another friend of mine was absolutely huuuge in her 20's and I hadn't seen her for a while and couldn't believe it when I saw her a slim size 12, and she said she had been on a "banana" diet for 6 months! Not for me, but it worked for her.

I just walk for 2 hours a day, always uphill, eat what I like and I lost the weight I wanted within a year of walking. Down to size 10 or 12 (iin some shops lol) from a 14 which I hated! Good luck, you can do it if you put your mind to it and it doesn't have to be forever.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I am trying to eat things the way I still think I could be eating for pretty much the rest of my life lol, I am fairly young so there is a long time for things to go wrong... but I am trying to not diet or do anything too drastic - but on the other hand I do want to lose a lot of weight! So it is about finding the balance and keeping the motivation I think
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I have 5 and a half stone left to lose Kammi, count me in lol. I'm also going for the eating this way for the rest of my life so no weird and wonderful diets for me, just healthier food choices, smaller portions and more exercise.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I want to lose 5 stone so know how you feel!

We can try together!
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2011, 06:01 PM
i regularly do a maintenance diet, but ive gradually come round to thinking thats its a healthier way to eat. takes a bit of planning to empty the cupboards, but theres no starvation, no faddy milkshakes just lots of healthy food.

Have a look at "Dax Moy elimination diet" on google, you can download his free pdf pack. worked for me. i lost 7lbs, (then went on holiday - welcome back 7lbs) so will be starting again. Good luck guys, its not easy, but worth it if you want it.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Aww fab! I shall have a look thanks
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 09:02 AM
I lost over three and a half stone nearly three years ago and hubby lost over 4 stone. He was diagnosed diabetic so it was a necessity for him and a 'good idea' for me.

Achieved it by substituting lower fat alternatives, using smaller plates and weighing food out rather than my generous guessing .

It was a little too much for me as the saggy skin syndrome kicked in so I've put half a stone back on this summer and It feels better.

Clothes size dropped from a loose 18, tightish 16 down to size 8. Now in a 10 and feel better for it.

Use the supermarket food breakdowns for carb and fat info. They make like so much easier when planning.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Lost another 2lbs this week, forgot to mention I also was diagnosed type 2 this summer as well
Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »