View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 06:21 PM
I had a salad lunch bu I am going out to pizza hut tonight so thats bad news---and tomorrow is saturday. However I can't see that stressing about it will make me happy so I will go with the flow.

I have really never tried to diet before (except a week of Atkins once). I have to do what I am comfy with and what I can live with for ever.

I bought a hula hoop----my body seems to have forgotten how to do it. It will help just bending down all the time to pick it up I suppose!

rune
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
However I can't see that stressing about it will make me happy so I will go with the flow.

I have really never tried to diet before (except a week of Atkins once). I have to do what I am comfy with and what I can live with for ever.
Firstly, it's not a 'diet'. A diet is something you go on and off, and can be broken, or is a chore to do.

What you are doing is learning new eating habits, it's a permanent thing. You are teaching yourself that you don't need tons of fat in your diet, or to eat loads of chocolate (etc).

The worst thing to do is stress about what you're eating (or not eating). Having a night out, and eating something less healthy won't kill you, and you can just go back to your healthy eating.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Well i need to lose about 2 - 2 1/2 stone to be happy in my skin again. So far since 6th of december i havnt ate any chocolate. Where i used to eat around 4-7 bars a day. Im trying to eat a little more healthier and a little less. I think ive only lost around 7lbs but im still eating all the same stuff just a little less. Also in december i was ill for around 6 weeks so it helped me stay off the choc.

Both dogs did recover from surgery in december so i started walking longer but stella has now been spayed so back to square one. lol

Think im getting there. Least im not putting any on and my clothes are a little more roomy
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Well I am not trying to loose weight my weight does not bother me however I would like to try and feel like "me" again, have not really had a chance to feel like me since my breast surgery 5 years ago, and the hysterectomy last year.
Its been a while since I have been me and had time to do anything about it, so here we go have joined a circuit training "gym" my aim to go at least twice a week it is a 30 minute workout, I have also started going swimming once week and upped my speed when walking Sal....(do us both good) I am 5ft3 and in a size 16-18 top and bottom now and would like to be a 14-16 weight not an issue however thought I would give you an idea. Just want to be fitter.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Losing weight should only ever be about what you want, imo.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 10:26 PM
I lost weight, about 1.5 stone when I got Teg and started being more active, feeling a lot happier in my skin now, although I seem to eat all the time! Now I would just like to tone up a bit and somehow thin down my chunky thighs
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm trying to lose some weight for my wedding so will be following this thread with interest!

My doctor has advised that i should lose 1.5 stone to be at a healthy weight for my height (i'm only 5ft!) so i'm aiming to lose a stone. So far i've lost about 6lbs just by cutting out snacking and mid-week drinking!
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm doing weight watchers too, started a fortnight ago and have lost 8lb so far. Did WW before and lost 3 and a half stone then put it all back on and some extra. I actually find some days I am actually eating more than I used to just by making healthier choices.

Good luck everyone!x
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 08:39 PM
I thought I would lose weight when we got the dogs all those years ago but sadly I just ate more because I got hungry with all the exercise I was doing!

Couldn't resist the "golden arches" today when we came back from the beach at Southwold and hubby bought me a McFlurry (my favourite) and a coffee.

I think you need a little treat now and again thought otherwise healthy eating becomes tedious. Everything in moderation as they say.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 07:10 AM
i've been doing slimming world for a while and had lost 3st 11lbs, put a bit back on since i stopped smoking on boxing day, but have managed to keep it under control and am back on it now, i've also gone from a size 22 to a 14 with my goal being a 12, so i reckon about another 1stone and a half to go
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »