Female 

03-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Also christmas isn't all about presents
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
ok sorry,but dont write things on here if you dont want honest replies.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm £1 a week since jan = £50 ish.

small pressie for people = 10 pressies.

£2 a week = 20 pressies
Yeaah cos without a job I can save up a pound a week

So she does not get any money from anywhere. [benefits?] How do the three dogs eat then? insurance, vet bills etc
I am going to bow out here as it really makes no difference to me if the op buys pressies or not............
Benjie is the only one insured - and my OH's parents pay for him as he is their's, Louie was a present and if he needs anything my OH gets it as he bought him for me - in which I will pay half back, When I finished 6th from I saved half my bonus to pay for Louie's injections as when I got my bonus it was a week before we picked Louie up
And Sadie isnt my dog - only classed as mine because I walk her and look after her during the day.
Louie will be insured when we can afford it, until then I am lucky I have nice parents, in laws and a wonderful OH.

And theres a difference between honest and rude.

And I know when christmas is but when you have other things that are more important than something months away.

------------------------------

I've explained to my sister and she just doesnt seem to understand. Me and the OH dont have jobs as of yet (he's applied for marines 2nd appointment next week) and so any money I borrow off him is what he's saved up from years ago - his hard earned money from his previous jobs. His mum and dad have helped us out loads, they've given us a house and are paying our rates until we've lived there for a year (we'll be moving in as soon as one of us gets a job) we dont have to pay rent, just bills and rates. My parents are also helping us out loads too. So to expect them to let me have money to buy everyone gifts is ridiculous.

I suppose I could do the voucher idea and also the name letter things - I could ask my little sister to put too.
Thanks for the support guys and yes I feel much better after my rant. I dont expect anything at Christmas so for my sister to be so myopic is beyond me.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
If it's going to be a problem then maybe its easiest just to say, you can't afford presents this year, just thought it would be good for them to have the photos done....that way if they can afford it, they can do it, otherwise you have said that it is financial and not personal...you can't magic up money from nowhere.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
If you can afford to print a good photo yourself and use a 12"x12" scrapbook page (you get really nice ones for under £2. then a perspex 12x12 frame (you can sometimes get them quiet cheaply too, like a couple of £), it can look quite expensive and totally unique as a gift (tbh, I'd give it to your Mum and Dad for helping out....as their xmas)

This is just a quick google find to show what I mean
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ed=0CCMQ9QEwAQ

I found a 70 piece kit for 99p once! Made tons of pages lol
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:46 PM
but you dont mind someone paying your rent....this did make me laugh.

My oh and i pool our money we dont lend it to each other.

if neither of you work you must get benefits.....

this thread is getting weird im off..................
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:55 PM

Actualy Jols got a point, if its rented you would get housing benefit towards rent if you moved in, cheaper for family, but anyway, fact is, its not really my business, that was just a thought. If you don't have the money, you don't have it.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
If it's going to be a problem then maybe its easiest just to say, you can't afford presents this year, just thought it would be good for them to have the photos done....that way if they can afford it, they can do it, otherwise you have said that it is financial and not personal...you can't magic up money from nowhere.
I've actually told her this, this is what gets me frustrated.
She knows I have no money yet still expects me to buy Maya a present and fair enough it's her first Christmas but it's also my first recession and I didnt know how difficult it was to find a decent job these days

No, his parents own the house - so thats why we dont pay rent. They're only paying the rates for our first year so we can get on our feet. And I dont lend money off my OH we always pay for half especailly with the dogs, I can hardly expect him to pay for my family's presents - I dont expect him to pay for anything if I cant pay for it myself.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Benefits....................your not answering this one.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2010, 09:08 PM
From what SLB has written, i'm assuming her other halfs parents have given them a house, so they wont need to pay any rent at all, and they offered to pay the rates/council tax for a year..
The reason they are not moving into the house yet is because they are both waiting to get jobs, so that they can afford to pay normal household bills and be able to live etc.
Also whether SLB's dogs are insured or if her or her other half claim benefits is no one elses business!

SLB if you truely cant afford to buy presents for people this christmas, then the people that matter should understand your prediciment, and the people that do mind... well they shouldn't matter to you!
But if you are worried about what your sister will think/say then i'd maybe buy the little one some cheap little teddy or something and wrap that up, and make a point of saying to your sister that you have bought something small for the little one, but thats it you can not afford to buy for anyone else.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Ah given them a house thats nice....................

so where you are living now its free, i would stay there lol.

well no i wouldnt but thats beside the point.

as above a five pound teddy nuff said

and as said above it is no one elses business until you put it on the internet then anybody can get involved.

never ceases to amaze me the personal stuff people put on forums then get huffy cause not everyone agrees with.
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »