Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 10:38 AM

Moaning Alert

As I am really rather pee'd off

OH and I were going to go on holiday, but then due to lack of cash we decided that we would not physically "go" on holiday. Instead we would have some nice family time with DS (2) and have a couple of days out here and there.

So, in July, I booked my holiday. I have been asking him to book his holiday throughout this time. He said due to pressure at work, he could not book the full two weeks, only a couple of days here and there.

I get he is under pressure at work, so am I, but he is going to lose his holiday entitlement AGAIN

So here I am sat at home with DS on the first day of our holiday...what has OH booked? One bloody day...only because he has a doctors appointment.

So now I have, no car, no money till pay day (ok, thats my fault for not budgeting properly ) and a bored toddler. He has the brass neck to moan at me for working weekends (no childcare costs ) so not much time together as a family. Yet when I have a load of time off!!!!!!!!

I am wondering if I had booked the holiday, if we would have ended up going alone...maybe I should have done that

Bloody Man
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Once again I remind myself of the advantages of being single..............

I would say have a chocolate.................or 10 but if you have no dosh............
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 10:58 AM
LOL

I just stole Alex's bag of buttons. Tis ok, he doesnt like them

I dont moan about the OH like this usually...but I am royally peed off
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 12:54 PM
My OH used to work morning noon and night, it's no life, I used to feel like a single parent. It's a precious time that he could live to regret missing out on.

I would probably do more than moan!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Bloody men!!!

Although I shouldn't laugh as my OH is forever complaining that I'm never home and when I am I'm working on the laptop.

It def sucks that he didn't bother to book holidays, I would be really annoyed about that too.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 02:41 PM
selfish sod.............no offence!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2012, 02:42 PM
None taken....I dont know whether to sad or angry that I have just put together a list of stuff for Alex and I to do, and not as a family
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2012, 07:46 AM
It's a tough one. My OH is away all week, then comes home most weekends when he can, I work weekends (nights), and during the day I am out with the dogs. Now the sensible idea would be to take the dogs out together, but he hates walking in secluded places because it's a drive to get there, he does things differently with the dogs and is so laid back about them being offlead and what they do that it stresses me out and he walks too slow! So we don't walk the younger two together any more - the older 3 we can walk together fine.

So I know how it feels not to see them a lot of the time. I don't know what else you could do except put your foot down..
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2012, 07:53 AM
I can have empathy with you

Earlier in the year we had a week off together and on the Monday work rang him asking if he wanted to do overtime, feeling quite smug he'd say No Thanks you can imagine my when he said OK why not
he then said as calm as you like....sorry I thought well we are not doing anything

A few weeks back he had another week off with me when that phone rang I said you dare .........thankfully he didn't do it

Men have no thought
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Well, we had a "discussion" last night. I told him that I was upset that he has not booked this time off. He said that he has "hopefully" got another two days sorted for next week.

Regardless, Alex and I have a list of things we are going to do for "holiday" if he chooses to take time off and come with us, then fab if not then we shall go puddle jumping on our own.

I am going to book some more weeks off for next year. I will inform him of them, if he chooses not to book then thats his look out. Alex and I will either stay home or we will be going on little holidays. I am going to keep an eye on the Sun 9.50 deals and do some of those.

It does sit easily with me, but hey ho
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >