Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 09:13 AM

Haressment in work, anyone know the rights

Oh dear, Im in such a state
My OH's boss is always being rude, nit picking, and generally being abusive towards my poor Paul
He always gets the harder jobs, claims pauls done things he hasn't, and makes his life quite hard

Because of this paul seems withdrawn quite alot, hes had to go to physio, which his boss claims hes lying about,for lifting things that are way to heavey

For months Ive told him to just quit, me being me Id go round his boss's house and give him what for,
but my sweetheart paul just says 'we've got bills to pay and the kids to look after, don't be daft'

My honey is so nice natured, but finally ths morning, after his ******* of a boss was really rude, including the F word, paul cracked, he still managed to keep quite but phoned me in tears

This bloke is grinding my babe down, aswell as othr things this morning he said 'if you don't buck your idea's up you can find another job' poor paul has been slaving his guts out for over a year and a half for this bloke and thats all the credit he gets

Also, his boss is always getting them to work daft hours,
he went in at 6am yesterday and got back at 9.30pm,
he was in at 6am again this morning

Does anyone no where he stands legally, I want to take this ***** through hell for what he has done to my babe, hes a shell of a man in comparasion to what he was
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Is he in a union?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:04 AM
oh hun that terible!!!!!

I would find out if there is a unioun, if he isnt a member get him to join pronto - what are his sick pay arrangements?

get him to keep a diary of everything that has happened....

I really hope there is something to be done!

Alex
xx
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
oh hun that terible!!!!!

I would find out if there is a unioun, if he isnt a member get him to join pronto - what are his sick pay arrangements?

get him to keep a diary of everything that has happened....

I really hope there is something to be done!

Alex
xx
no, he isnt part of a union, there are only 2 people on the company, my OH being one of them.
As for sick pay, what sick pay, hes never got sick pay, which Im sure is illegal?
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:08 AM
oh no poor thing. he must be in such a state. as others have said is he in a union? is it only paul that this person picks on?

you've heard of the saying 'what goes around comes around'....lets hope this guy gets his cummuppance!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
no, he isnt part of a union, there are only 2 people on the company, my OH being one of them.
As for sick pay, what sick pay, hes never got sick pay, which Im sure is illegal?
would it be hard for him to find another job?

has he spoken about this to his boss, maybe confronting him would highlight this unnacceptable behaviour....

also, do you have any income replacement insurance policies?

THese are designed to replace income in the event of long term sickness and can kick in as soon as 4 weeks after illness. Check to see if it covers depression or stress, not many do but if you havent got one, i suggest taking on out and then maybe sticking with it for a few months and then claiming on it....
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 10:19 AM
No, we're stumped, if he tries to talk to his boss he gets worse, threatens to sack him, which is just so wronge, he knows we have kids so paul will just put up with it

Worst thing is we're convinced hes found someone that could replace paul, as hes been worse the past few weeks, If this is the case then surely we can get him done for it

Either way I will get my revenge, there alot of things trading standards would be interested in hearing
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 11:43 AM
google 'harrassment at work' or get in touch with CAB.

also note every event down ie:- time/place and what was said.
this helps if you do take matters further as most bosses are so thick they dont realise just how clever their workforce are.

This is bullying in the work place and is illegal.

if the boss does replace him then i would go for constructive dismissal.

how long has he worked for this bully?
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
google 'harrassment at work' or get in touch with CAB.

also note every event down ie:- time/place and what was said.
this helps if you do take matters further as most bosses are so thick they dont realise just how clever their workforce are.

This is bullying in the work place and is illegal.

if the boss does replace him then i would go for constructive dismissal.

how long has he worked for this bully?
Hes worked for him a year and a half, most people leave before that long,
resently paul had a new bloke working with him as his workmate had had enough, im convinced someone else applied ffor the job and hes perposely bullying my paul, like you said, that would make it constructive dismissal.
his work mate at the mo will testify if we took him to court, as after this morning hes considring leaving too
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Good news, Ive been to CAB, I can have him done for several things.
At the mo hes being really nice to paul, which is good as paul has 3j ob interviews in the next week so Im gathering my evidence while hes still at work
His work mate is going to testify and said if Paul leaves hes leaving too, so the boss will be left in the lurch with no employee's

I'll keep you updated.........
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >