Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kjones6670
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2010, 10:48 AM

Puppy Stung by Wasp/Bee

Yesterday my puppy was stung or bitten by something. He was playing in the garden and I heard him help and then his muzzle swelled up really badly and he could not keep his eyes open.

I telephoned the emergency vet who told me he should be fine but to look out for certain things like difficulty breathing or sickness which thankfully he did not experience.

He is ok this morning back to his normal naughty self but he still has some swelling. I cannot find any stings on him so cannot remove them. I have read that I should give him Benedryl is this correct? Do you think I need to take him to the vet?
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-07-2010, 11:50 AM
My boy got stung by a wasp when he was a puppy , we phoned the vets and they told us to bring him. He had a antihistamine injection. Hes was fine after, and hasnt been near a wasp since.
Personally I would take him to the vets being a pup, and if it was in the mouth/face area I would take him to the vets whatever age.
Hope this helps...keep us posted on how you and the pup get on.
Hades
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi my Chi is always getting stung, luckily he has no effects but he just will not learn he's just a little .
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Ailsa got stung the other day and both sides of her face
swelled alarmingly. I was very worried about the possibility
of allergic reaction and took her straight to the Vets. As
soon as I got there she immediately let her go in front of everyone and gave her an injection and said she would soon be fine. She was still slightly swollen the next morning but by mid day was back to her normal self. Mind you, it hasn't stopped her snapping at the blinking things.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 09:51 AM
piriton always works well in these situations..