View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2013, 08:34 PM
If he knows they are watching him all the time and persists well he's got more money than sense then.

When I lived in Cornwall, hardly anyone 'picked up' if walking their dogs on the carns and moorlands. But there are some 'sensitive heathlands and dune sites' where too much dog poo ENRICHES the soil and then alters the balance of what grows there naturally.

Thing is - even if you think the law is an ASS regarding some laws and bye laws - it is still the law of the land and if you disagree with it strongly enough you should be campaigning to get it changed. Not breaking the law and expect to get away with it.

People who thought the poll tax was iniquitous did break the laws and some did go to prison for their beliefs. The same was true many many years ago for those who protested against the bomb and all sorts. If they are happy to take their punishment - fair enough. No one can make this bloke pick up after the dog but he must take the consequences of not doing so.

I'm sure there are some who think all sorts of 'illegal behaviour' is justified or that the laws against it are unfair.

They could make the same case for parking where they don't consider their car to be a hazard or a nuisance. But if it's a no parking zone - if you get caught you pay the fine.

Hell you could make a case for stealing from supermarkets on the basis they are filthy rich and you are very poor - but I don't think you'd get away with it!

And it's not even his dog apparently! He walks it for a neighbour?
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-11-2013, 09:17 PM
The areas may be washed twice a day but it doesn't stop people treading in it before the tied comes in. I flipping hate it when people don't pick up after their dog.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Jeltz View Post
The areas may be washed twice a day but it doesn't stop people treading in it before the tied comes in. I flipping hate it when people don't pick up after their dog.
Doesn't stop it floating in the shallows either! You aren't allowed to dump human excrement in the sea without treating it first!
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Absolutely even more reason the mucky b###er should pick after the dogs in his care!!!!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Idiot! More fodder for the dog hating public - fantastic job!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Lol..if he knows they're lying in wait for him then there's even more reason to pick it up! In most of the forestry commission places where I walk the dogs people don't pick up if it's not not on the path, or flick it off the path into the long grass, not great but it's in a ditch covered with long grass on either side of the path....but leaving it on a beach because it will washed off twice a day?! Well, great, presuming he is going to stand over it and wait for the tied so that someone else doesn't stand on it in the meantime! What the biggie?! Just pick it up and be done with it!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Chaps a fool and appears to have decided to just argue for arguments sake.

Reminds me of the chap in Sutton Park a few years ago a warden/park- keeper guy said to a chap "your need to pick up your dog mess" pointing the small Jack Russell offering the chap turned round and said "I will pick up after my dog when you pick up after your cows" and walked off.

I carried on walking and laughing - because the chap really did pick up after his dog every time I saw him I think like most of us he was working out how to negotiate the cows and bullocks without getting trampled.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by Etharla View Post
Im sorry I don't see the problem here. I wouldn't be posting dangerous files.
The problem is you are effectively 'stealing' copyrighted material. The original link you posted went to a URL on your site and displayed the BBC page in full. Whether it was done via frames or not, it would be classed as theft. I advise you do not continue with this practise.

If you have any further questions or feedback please use the feedback section so we can keep this thread on topic. Off topic replies will be moved to the Contact a Mod section later.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2