Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 09:51 AM

Whole park to herself!

Left early this morning for Aliki Park above the lake. Now it is not so hot and sticky we will be up there and down at the lake more often again. Didn't see another SOUL the whole hour we were there. Brilliant walk with wide flat roadway and pavements (no vehicles allowed) and lots of 'off road' bits (where the greenery has all vanished now but makes it easier to spot undesirables!)

So here are some more 'bum shots' of Bella! Off we go ...

Off the beaten track for a bit

Investigate a lonely christmas tree!

And off to look at the (dry) lake

No swimming here for a good while yet!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Looks a lovely place to walk.
Will that be a lake when it rains ?

Dillon would of given that poor lonely Christmas tree a drink.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Looks a fantastic place for a walk - such a lot of space for such a little dog!

Depending on the time of day I go, I quite often don't see a soul when I'm out. I've mixed feelings about that really - being a miserable antisocial old git I quite enjoy my own company, but as my dogs are jolly and friendly souls, they love meeting other dogs.

I expect there'll be lots of people out today - it's glorious. So warm I've been able to put my bird out in the garden.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 10:37 AM
That must be heaven on a stick for wee Bella
So lucky to have gorgeous places to walk and all alone too.I normally get about 10 steps and bump into someone for a chat
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Looks a lovely place to walk.
Will that be a lake when it rains ?

Dillon would of given that poor lonely Christmas tree a drink.

Bella positions herself strategically over the odd blade of grass and does a wee droplet now and then!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Looks a fantastic place for a walk - such a lot of space for such a little dog!

Depending on the time of day I go, I quite often don't see a soul when I'm out. I've mixed feelings about that really - being a miserable antisocial old git I quite enjoy my own company, but as my dogs are jolly and friendly souls, they love meeting other dogs.

I expect there'll be lots of people out today - it's glorious. So warm I've been able to put my bird out in the garden.
We can have either. I have another photo thread called Bella's Night Time Gang or summat like that. It's the closest 'walk' just near my apartment. Loads of dogs on that one.

But these days Bella is just as happy all on her own as she is surrounded by other dogs. When younger she was very keen to join the others. Now she sticks closer to me or says hello to them and then breaks away. She is very much a people dog. But she really enjoys her investigations by herself on these walks. Even if we do the same one every day she acts like it's the first time she's seen it all!

I LOVE walking in solitude. Down at the lake to watch the sunset - HEAVEN.

sunset over the lake
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Chloe is SO jealous of Bella being able to go for lovely walkies and she wishes she lived a bit nearer and could join her!

My poor girl has another two weeks to wait before she can take her baby sister out in public and show her all the best places to sniff. Until then she and Georgina have to do with walkies round the garden and helping mum to collect walnuts from under the trees.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 12:10 PM
That looks a great place to walk.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I am enjoying seeing all these pics of little Bella
Looks like a fab walk for her (and you!)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Loving all the bum shots of the delectable little Bella there, strutting her stuff along the dusty tracks, but oh that lake in sunset, that's a big wow there Pat Is it safe walking around there in the dark though? I suppose you're well used to the place and know where it's safe and where it might not be....you're very brave I have to say. I'd like to see that big lake once it's filled up if it does get filled in the winter? Lovely pics Pat, I'm getting a thaing for your little Bella, especially that pic of her on your lap looking adoringly back at you which I saw this morning somewhere.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >