Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 02:48 PM

Smarty Pets first client!!

Well it looks like I may have my first client! I've landed on my feet as my dog walker ..whose now more of a friend than just my dog walker...passed on the lady's details to me because she couldn't help her.

I'm meeting her on Saturday with Remus, unfortunately Tonks can't come as she is lame

If all goes well I will start working her dog on Monday. I've fallen on my feet really because its my ideal client, wanting five days a week and she lives more or less half way between my house and the forestry commission woodland where I would take the dogs! Very exciting!

So I've been busy sorting out my insurance and contracts etc., and organising Nanny to babysit so that I can meet the lady and dog without the girls.

Paul has made me a website, an ongoing project but its live..so if you want to take a peek its smartypets.co.uk.

I hope I can do that...I'm not expecting any work from here but just would like to show you how far we've got.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Woohoo! Congratulations -hope all goes well meeting them
Website looks great too!

Whats happened to Tonksy Tonks?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Thank you. The business cards look fab too! I'll have to take a photo of one. Your lovely logo was the inspiration for it.

Tonks has a swollen and hot hock and rear pastern...and she's not weight baring at all. I wanted to avoid taking her to the vet if possible and wanted to wait for a bit to see if rest helped but when I phoned the vets they said, bearing in mind her very high pain threshold, that they would rather see her if she wasn't weight baring at all.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Watching her struggle to get up and down now I'm really hoping it's not a cruciate problem.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Well it looks like I may have my first client! I've landed on my feet as my dog walker ..whose now more of a friend than just my dog walker...passed on the lady's details to me because she couldn't help her.

I'm meeting her on Saturday with Remus, unfortunately Tonks can't come as she is lame

If all goes well I will start working her dog on Monday. I've fallen on my feet really because its my ideal client, wanting five days a week and she lives more or less half way between my house and the forestry commission woodland where I would take the dogs! Very exciting!

So I've been busy sorting out my insurance and contracts etc., and organising Nanny to babysit so that I can meet the lady and dog without the girls.

Paul has made me a website, an ongoing project but its live..so if you want to take a peek its smartypets.co.uk.

I hope I can do that...I'm not expecting any work from here but just would like to show you how far we've got.
Just a tip! If you type or put it like this

[link removed]

It will work as a 'link' for anyone who clicks on it.

Off to have a look now.

As I sit editing all day I am more than happy to point out minor corrections that will make your site look more professional. You cannot be 'messaged' here so I will see if you have a contact us bit on the site.
xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Just a tip! If you type or put it like this

It will work as a 'link' for anyone who clicks on it.

Off to have a look now.

As I sit editing all day I am more than happy to point out minor corrections that will make your site look more professional. You cannot be 'messaged' here so I will see if you have a contact us bit on the site.
xx
Thank you! I'm obviously really tired because I didn't even put the www bit infront! I know of one mistake already in the bit about us where it says I instead of I'm. Paul's going to correct it tonight, unfortunately I can't edit the page on my iPad.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm having a great deal of trouble trying to use your 'contact us' bit on the website. So have emailed you at your hotmail eml addie shown on there. Please check your emails.

Another tip is that a hotmail email address does NOT look very professional or businesslike. In fact a lot of serious forums and websites do not allow members to sign up with Hotmail addresses.

So might be worth you using or getting an ISP based email addie for the contact or a more well respected web based one like gmail?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Congratulations
So pleased for you Be your own boss,working round the girls,it'll be great wish you all the very best in your new venture
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Good luck with your new venture.
zarah
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Well it looks like I may have my first client!
Good luck! Hope it all goes well
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >