Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 05:53 PM

Is your dog a messy eater?

I'm not kidding; when Loki eats, the food goes all over the place! Then he walks in it while he's behaving like a hoover!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Lol, Zena sounds like Loki here Especially with her fish sticks and biscuits, but she looooooves hoovering up after herself, so I leave her to it. Never had one quite as messy as this before though. Sunday lunch is served on one of our leftover plates and spread about, so that she eats it slowly with some of our leftovers mixed in with it, and that ends up mostly on the kitchen floor, but she loves licking it all up and it's clean as a whistle when she's finally finished. She never walks in it though, it's far too prescious
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Well I sometimes think I might just as well chuck it around the floor - save on cleaning his bowl! I end up on my hands and knees with cloths and disinfectant anyway.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Duncan likes to take his out of his bowl, examine each piece and then if it's good enough roll on it before he will put it in his mouth and eat it.

We spend a lot of time in the bathroom after his meals cleaning gravy and bits of food out of his ears and off the back of his head
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Duncan likes to take his out of his bowl, examine each piece and then if it's good enough roll on it before he will put it in his mouth and eat it.

We spend a lot of time in the bathroom after his meals cleaning gravy and bits of food out of his ears and off the back of his head
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Mine are quite good when eating, they would hate to waste any!!

Chico does sometimes pick his bowl up and take it to his bed if he thinks someone is going to steal his food, this usually results in some of it falling on the floor.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Aw that's very sweet, taking it to his bed.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Meg is awful,she is so greedy and in her rush to get her food always tips her bowl over It's usually ok apart from when I give her rice & fish a couple of times a week and of course it's everywhere

Tyler is a very gentle eater and if there is something underneath he wants he moves the food and lifts it out of his dish & places it down really carefully Very rare he makes a mess with his food.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post

It depends what it is, Chloe is ok with her dinner apart from making a mess of her beard . Some things but likes to toss and roll on before eating eg fruit.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Finn is a messy eater, he likes to wander around while eating leaving a trail behind him. Star finishes her food then follows him around hoovering up after him
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »