View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 08:07 PM
I love the look of the malinois , lovely body shape,what is their temperament like? Are they a noisy dog ?
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher
I love the look of the malinois , lovely body shape,what is their temperament like? Are they a noisy dog ?
I only work with working lines Malinois. Dogs that have been bred and trained for generations in the hardest dogsport around. They are extremely high energy dogs. In fact if my dogs would act like lets say a GSD i would be off to the vet because something would be terribly wrong. In fact last year my oldest had a kidney infection. The evening befor I noticed it he did a full belgian ring training,45 minutes action including longjump off 4 metres, palissade 2,2 meters and several attacs . The only remarque i had was that he didn't jumped like usual. the next morning he couldn't stand anymore but was ready to bite the vet. They can be "singers" eg rather voici but this depends on the dog. My oldest is rather calm but the youngest (only 9 weeks) is very loud. The other thing is that thier bark doesn't necessary reflect the dog. I know mals, verry dominant and powerfull dogs that are trained in Belgian Ring, with the bark off a puppy. I know that at least 1 thieve has been foolde by this.
They have only 2 speeds rest and overdrive and don't like detours. In fact the only line between 2 points is a straight one and this without taking in account what some fool has put on this line. I remember a barbeque where the plates, sauces and vegetables went flying because my dog saw a cat.

Even experienced handlers who are confronted with thier first Malinois are surprised by thier energy level and the demands they put on thier handlers. If you're not 10000% sure off your capacities you should stay away from Mals. This being said i wouldn't want another type off dog.

Greetings

Johan
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 04:46 PM
hi johan thanx for the info
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

26-02-2006, 08:50 PM
My hand is up, but I did have a groenendael, Oscar, quite the maddest dog I've ever had but such fun. Kath
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 09:13 PM
my hand is up! my friend has a couple of tervs and a groenendael puppy - must say the groenendael is the noisiest! ( and cheekiest ) !!
H xx
Dujoiedevie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Well I have to raise my hand, too.

Terv and malowner/breeder and databasefreak, so I have to know, how to pronounce something like Samour de la Javottiere en Corberon...

Hi, Johan, long time no see on forums!

Jenni
5dog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi

I have worked a Mali for the last four years, and have trained others for collleagues although I still like the GSD Malis are a joy to work their speed and agility is truly awsome.

If I could work out how to add pictures I could show you my dog,
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2007, 07:57 AM
my terv is quite noisy. She is soft as butter but with the bark of a rottweiler!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3