Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 10:47 PM

Medication moan

I know it is silly but the windowsill looks like a pharmacy at the moment and I am getting to dread the four times a day I have to sort out medication for everyone. Its never been this bad before.

Morning is One and a half epiphem for Champa and a tramadol for Pippin, brunch is Synulox for Polly, metacam for Pippin and Billie, tea is tramadol for Pippin and synulox for Polly, evening is epiphem for Champa, milk thistle for Polly, Onsior for Celt and vetvit for Coo.

I am sure half the time they get the wrong things!

rune
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 03:56 AM
What would they do without us Lynn - or we, them?

x0x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2011, 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I know it is silly but the windowsill looks like a pharmacy at the moment and I am getting to dread the four times a day I have to sort out medication for everyone. Its never been this bad before.

Morning is One and a half epiphem for Champa and a tramadol for Pippin, brunch is Synulox for Polly, metacam for Pippin and Billie, tea is tramadol for Pippin and synulox for Polly, evening is epiphem for Champa, milk thistle for Polly, Onsior for Celt and vetvit for Coo.

I am sure half the time they get the wrong things!

rune
Oh 'eck - it must be extremely difficult for you to remember who has what and when At least I only have Pereg to medicate, with 50mg Pb in the morning and 25mg in the evening - I buy whole Milk Thistle seeds and grind them so that and the Taurine powder is mixed in her meals, one lot in each meal, and the Omega 3, Vitamin E and B Complex mixed in the first of her two daily meals.

Those are kept on a shelf in the kitchen whereas my own lot are kept in my bedroom, and I have a weekly tick-off chart stuck on the fridge door to make sure that both she and I take the correct things at the correct amount at the correct time of day!

I even have it set up on my computer to remind me but there are still times I think Oops, have I missed something?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Been there and its no joke is it.
One thing I did notice, you said you keep them on the windowsill, the sunlight and heat from the sun can reduce their potency so that they are actually not any good.
Hope things improve soon.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Thankfully its only ever Reah with meds..... and that was enough
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Been there and its no joke is it.
One thing I did notice, you said you keep them on the windowsill, the sunlight and heat from the sun can reduce their potency so that they are actually not any good.
Hope things improve soon.
Thank you---never thought of that, just there ofor ease of finding. I'll move them.

rune
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 09:06 AM
There are little plastic boxes with compartments in for people who have to take a lot of different medication.

They can be 7 days worth sorted in advance for up to 4 times a day.

I am sure I have seen them in the £1 shop, they could have a box each.
It is a brilliant shop for things like vet wrap heat pads and cool pads to keep in your dog first aid box.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 09:20 AM
I have enough trouble remembering Garlic!