Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 02:57 PM

Does anyone else...

Have a dog bed in the bathroom?

Mouse, Scout (and now Boo) REFUSE to let me have a bath or shower without them ... so I bought a little bed for them to be comfortable, and not on the bath mat where I trip over them when i get out. With the three of them being deaf, they absolutely cannot let me go into the bathroom without them... they HATE it when they cant see me, and are very concerned the black hole in the bathroom may take me away never to return...

SO they need a little comfort right?

or am I just weird
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Water bowl is as far as dog paraphernalia goes in the bathroom for us.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Water bowl is as far as dog paraphernalia goes in the bathroom for us.
See, and that's something I would never have thought of
partypooch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2011, 03:15 PM
mabel jumped in the bath with me the other night, she seemed to quite like it... i had to get her daddy to come and get her out!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I always say I should've called Poppy PIP, as I haven't had a Pee In Peace since I got her!!!
Kiz likes to lick the water off any part of my body not under water when I'm in the bath, I do draw the line at her eating the bubbles tho
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 03:45 PM
No, just you, Sara.
But why not?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Have a dog bed in the bathroom?

or am I just weird
Er no to the firsst question and who knows to the second.

As my dogs are with me practically all the time, I like to have a "dog free zone" and for me that means upstairs; as my bathroom is upstairs this includes that room.

I am not a fan of dogs following me everywhere but that is my choice, if you feel that your dogs must have access to every room in the house that is of course your decision!

(Personally I believe there are some things a gal just has to do ALONE without being stared at....................... )
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:14 PM
the one place my dogs arent allowed is the bathroom. its my one place where i can have a bit of peace

we have a stair gate on to stop them getting upstairs if we dont want them too. nana doesnt particularly like them upstairs so they only ever go in my room anyway.

its up to you where you want your dogs.

and ewww to whoever lets their dog lick them when theyre in the bath
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 12:39 AM
My hearing dogs would never go into the bathroom (they get evil baths there!) but try to stop the deafies!

When I was a kid the dogs weren't allowed in the bathroom either, and I liked that... but the deafies hate not being able to see me. With the dog bed in the bathroom, I no longer trip over them, and I no longer get bugged while in the bath, they just snuggle up and sleep... then I am able to get out of the tub, dry off and get dressed before the dogs wake up! gotta love deafies!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Er no to the firsst question and who knows to the second.

As my dogs are with me practically all the time, I like to have a "dog free zone" and for me that means upstairs; as my bathroom is upstairs this includes that room.

I am not a fan of dogs following me everywhere but that is my choice, if you feel that your dogs must have access to every room in the house that is of course your decision!

(Personally I believe there are some things a gal just has to do ALONE without being stared at....................... )
Yup bathroom is a no go area for my dogs
and I had to ban my friends dog from the bedroom when he was staying - just the way the wee man stared at me when I was undressing!!! lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >