Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 12:52 PM

Pedigree Dogs Exposed - the sequel

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/22-Breaking-news

A SEQUEL to the documentary Pedigree Dogs Exposed is to be screened next year.
Jemima Harrison, creator of the original programme which caused so much turmoil in the world of dog showing, confirmed today that she has been commissioned to make another hour-long programme which will be screened by BBC4.
Ms Harrison of Passionate Productions said she will complete the film early next year, although it is not yet known when it will be broadcast. She intends to attend several shows in coming months, including Southern Counties this weekend, although her request for permission to film there has been denied by chairman David Cavill, so no filming will be taking place.
Part of the programme will recap on the original Pedigree Dogs Exposed, which was broadcast nearly three years ago, and will be filmed from Ms Harrison’s point of view, it is understood. The breeds under the spotlight are yet to be decided, although it is believed the Dalmatian with Pointer in her pedigree, who was registered by the Kennel Club after she was imported from the US, will be featured.
“I will be looking to show what has changed since the original programme, and Fiona, the Dalmatian, is significant,” Ms Harrison said.
Interviews with the KC’s key members of staff and members have been requested.
KC secretary Caroline Kisko declined to comment.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Sounds intresting! Will be another good and intresting watch when it is finally broadcasted no doubt.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Good for her! We need more people doing more to help dogs get healthier and for out-dated practises to be flushed out.

I would say a large percentage of the progress the KC has made in the last few years was thanks to that documentary.

I'll look forward to seeing it

Thanks for the heads up DD!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Yet another dig at the the KC & Pedigree dogs no doubt.

Wonder if she will be honest about the unhealthy dogs shown on this program origins-she has admitted to deliberately misleading the viewers regarding the Boxer & Cavalier lack of traceable pedigrees as neither were actually bred from KC registered parents & had no KC dogs in their pedigrees for over 10 generations !
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I see she is trying to cause trouble on another forum re dogs whiskers and "shaving" dogs etc...about over here and the US...

Whilst I agree the K.C needed to do something about some aspects of unhealthy pedigree dogs..the way J.H went about it was totally wrong. I now refuse to buy "Dogs Today" magazine because of their anti pedigree dogs attitude egged on by J.H. iwonder how much damage was done by the programme and this is one reason why we are seeing the so called "designer dogs"??????

Of course I respect others views...the above is just my opinion...
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by boxergoggins View Post
. . . iwonder how much damage was done by the programme and this is one reason why we are seeing the so called "designer dogs"??????

The popularization of designer dogs has more probably come over from North America where designer dogs were popularized in the 80s. Wallace Haven ran a large commercial kennel and played a great part in popularizing crossbreeds with the Puggle - to the tune of 2500 pups a year.

Those who breed/support pure and those who breed/support designer have been having it out since. . . . .

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05361/628536-62.stm

CC
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by boxergoggins View Post
I see she is trying to cause trouble on another forum re dogs whiskers and "shaving" dogs etc...about over here and the US...

Whilst I agree the K.C needed to do something about some aspects of unhealthy pedigree dogs..the way J.H went about it was totally wrong. I now refuse to buy "Dogs Today" magazine because of their anti pedigree dogs attitude egged on by J.H. iwonder how much damage was done by the programme and this is one reason why we are seeing the so called "designer dogs"??????

Dogs Today were anti KC etc long before JH came along!

rune
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Dogs Today were anti KC etc long before JH came along!

rune

Very true.

In any case al lthis does is give those opposed to the KC more fuel to add to their fire and increases the bank balances of those who try to bamboozle the public with the term "hybrid vigour" without admitting that if you cross Brand A with Brand B this does not ipso facto rule out medical issues it CAN in fact increase them.

Ho hum.
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:17 PM
rubylover
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxergoggins
. . . iwonder how much damage was done by the programme and this is one reason why we are seeing the so called "designer dogs"??????

The popularization of designer dogs has more probably come over from North America where designer dogs were popularized in the 80s. Wallace Haven ran a large commercial kennel and played a great part in popularizing crossbreeds with the Puggle - to the tune of 2500 pups a year.

Those who breed/support pure and those who breed/support designer have been having it out since. . . . .

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05361/628536-62.stm
Thanks for the link..interesting reading from 1995. Which shows how long its been going on. Maybe Ive just been naive but in myh area in the UK these "designer dogs" have only just been starting coming to obedience club the last couple of years...is this the same elsewhere in the UK I wonder??

I know Dogs Today mag has always been against RSPCA, KC etc but recent issues seem to have really made me wonder why Im wasting my money..which could and now is better spent on my woofs!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I'll be waiting to watch it, and hope to see some changes for the dogs from the last one.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >