View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 08:44 PM
If I want my dog to use it's nose to find a dummy, I hide it in some vegetation! Unless you put the dummy on really short grass or concrete or something, they have to use their nose anyway.

Yeah, i'm sure Flynn would pick one, if it smells like a dummy or even a toy, he'll find it. I would be interested to see one.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Ok heres a photo tennis ball to give you an idea of size I weighed the disc dummies it's 165 grams so just a bit smaller than 1/2lb.

The partridge/rugby ball shape dummie next to a puppy dummie the dummie on the far right is 1lb the other one next to it I think is meant to be 1/2lb but is heavier than than that.

Had to include the cling film box

HTH

Sophie
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Hahaa clingfilm box - will type back later - got to go get dog food

Edit: am back now - I have the two far right ones but my 1/2lb is probably lighter as it is a mikki for small dogs and has lost some of it's stuffing because Sadie got hold of it and it had to be sown back together.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Hahaa clingfilm box - will type back later - got to go get dog food

Edit: am back now - I have the two far right ones but my 1/2lb is probably lighter as it is a mikki for small dogs and has lost some of it's stuffing because Sadie got hold of it and it had to be sown back together.
Cool, partly put the others dummies in the photo to show size of the rugby ball one
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
Cool, partly put the others dummies in the photo to show size of the rugby ball one
Or could it be to annoy me because my OH won't let me buy anymore - I've ordered a catalogue from both Sporting saint and country catalogue - just to have a gander whats in them.

I would say you could join me and Leanne one afternoon but Devon's a long way away
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Or could it be to annoy me because my OH won't let me buy anymore - I've ordered a catalogue from both Sporting saint and country catalogue - just to have a gander whats in them.

I would say you could join me and Leanne one afternoon but Devon's a long way away
I have a few more - sort of collecting them, my fav is still the good ol' plain canvas dummie (Berties fav is the frozen pheasies that I have in the freazer just to annoy you even more ).

And thanks yes would be fun training together but is to far.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 01:38 PM
I have a few more - sort of collecting them, my fav is still the good ol' plain canvas dummie (Berties fav is the frozen pheasies that I have in the freazer just to annoy you even more ).

And thanks yes would be fun training together but is to far.
I can't wait to start him on cold game - I've been told to start him on just wings - I can't do skin I have bunnies and he was far too interested in Leanne's rabbit skin dummy than I would have liked, all I pictured was Tonic (my bunny) hanging from Louie's mouth as he ran around and not giving it back (first time)
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2011, 02:08 PM
I can't wait to start him on cold game - I've been told to start him on just wings - I can't do skin I have bunnies and he was far too interested in Leanne's rabbit skin dummy than I would have liked, all I pictured was Tonic (my bunny) hanging from Louie's mouth as he ran around and not giving it back (first time)
Yeah wings on a dummie works quite well (I use strong tape to fix them on I tried tieing but tended to slip of) while looking on the web I saw they are now selling pheasant skins over a dummies thats a new one on me ! I have a rabbit skin dummie but just use it for steadiness chuck it around wildly with dog sitting or chuck it while dog is doing something else then stop the dog, I don't normally use it for retrieveing and yes have found dogs can be reluctant to give it up but can see it could be useful for some dogs.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah wings on a dummie works quite well (I use strong tape to fix them on I tried tieing but tended to slip of) while looking on the web I saw they are now selling pheasant skins over a dummies thats a new one on me ! I have a rabbit skin dummie but just use it for steadiness chuck it around wildly with dog sitting or chuck it while dog is doing something else then stop the dog, I don't normally use it for retrieveing and yes have found dogs can be reluctant to give it up but can see it could be useful for some dogs.
See:

That's a hamster in a make shift pen:

He still doesn't leave my bunnies alone - I'm lucky he only licks them when he catches them.. They were brought up with dogs so they don't mind - they just surrender.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2011, 06:24 PM
have to say some of his expressions remind me very much of our Vizsla.

Had a thought - would you like me to post you the disc dummie so you can try it / borrow it for a while?
We really don't use it so you could keep it for as long as needed but at some point would like it back as never know if it would come in handy some time in the future.

Sophie
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >