View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Probably worth the money for the laughter it has caused!

Nice man didn't hold me to it though.

Etta's Little Friend Wizz came and played yesterday and caught on fast.

Now we need to get sorted enough to do a display on May 1st as the magic box affair is a pain!

rune
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:25 AM
I'd imagine it would be great fun for herding breeds! I saw a post about the game on another forum, just a couple of days ago... It looks like alot of fun!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Ball herding? Louie's popped my OH's gym ball, and is quite intrigued about the space hopper my OH got for Christmas...I may have to try this - don't think it will happen though.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Done quite a lot with it now.

Control is essential, you need to teach a target mat at least 30/40 feet away and get the dog solid on that and then get it solid with the target behind the ball and you in front. That is very difficult! Good for self control.

I am also teaching commands to go to targets left and right of the original one. Balls scatter and the dog can then be directed to go behind the ball you want brought back.

Eventually I will put three balls out and direct her to go behind any of them without touching the ball.

I think for the keen collies we wil do lots of other exercises when the balls are around and not allow them to touch them.

The ball is the easy bit!

rune
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4