Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
And you know that for certain with this particular child?

Apologies, but I've seen some pretty horrible things posted describing this child as evil, amongst other things, and it is just not justified in my view. If you have a personal opinion about it that may seem harsh on open forum, keep it to yourself. This is a little boy people are posting an opinion about!
You may well have done but not from me.

I think it does say a lot about the mentality of the people who are his guardians and have put him in that position. Not very clever of them.

rune
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its no different to fishermen catching a fish:

|----------------------------------------------------------| THIS BIG!!!
I disagree - me and my Dad always put the fish back - and I would never pose with one, yuky things - I wouldn't even put the maggot on the hook - my Dad had to do that too

However we never see fished and caught anything - so...I suppose sea fishing and lake fishing is different - though except sharks non of the fish are ever dead..I don't think
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Looking at the picture it just looks well fed and healthy compared to the 'smaller' animal. (i didnt think there was any real size difference if you look at the length of body from ears to where the tail starts?)

A question it raised for me is is it legal for a member of the public to trap and kill a 'wild' fox? For me the fact that he is a vet is neither here nor there. Yes it 'may' have been killed humanely but as a result of this media attention how many idiots are going to start trapping foxes? Are they going to pay a vet to have them humanely put to sleep? (am pretty sure said vet would not offer his services for free?)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I disagree - me and my Dad always put the fish back - and I would never pose with one, yuky things - I wouldn't even put the maggot on the hook - my Dad had to do that too

However we never see fished and caught anything - so...I suppose sea fishing and lake fishing is different - though except sharks non of the fish are ever dead..I don't think
Oh, so its ok for your father to hook a fish through its mouth, yank it through the water for however long it takes, rip the hook from its mouth, then dump it back! How caring of him!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
Looking at the picture it just looks well fed and healthy compared to the 'smaller' animal. (i didnt think there was any real size difference if you look at the length of body from ears to where the tail starts?)

A question it raised for me is is it legal for a member of the public to trap and kill a 'wild' fox? For me the fact that he is a vet is neither here nor there. Yes it 'may' have been killed humanely but as a result of this media attention how many idiots are going to start trapping foxes? Are they going to pay a vet to have them humanely put to sleep? (am pretty sure said vet would not offer his services for free?)
Lots of vets here pts wild animals FOC.

rune
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Of course he has a say - and if he doesnt his parents have forced him to stand there which is worse - mind it doesnt look like a forced smile to me - at that age I wouldnt have been forced or agreed to stand next to a dead animal for a picture, infact I would have been mortifed at someone suggesting I should pose for a piccie next to it - and still would now - but hey thats me!
I am sorry my opinion saddens you.
Yes, because you obviously have had a different upbringing to the way this little boy has been brought up.

It's like people who are brought up within farming families, and have no qualms when it comes to animals being sent off for slaughter. My landlord raises pigs and chickens, he gains an awful lot of enjoyment out of the piglets growing up, goes in with all the pigs to feed them and give them fresh bedding, but still eats his own pork chops and is very proud of the produce.

Apologies Rune, I didn't mean to single you out
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I cannot stand people feeding wild animals, drives me insane, especially when little Tarquin in West Hampstead is mauled because of it!

Also, if my kid stood grinning next to a dead animal like this I'd wallop him!
Oh dear, and I thought you were against violence.

Walloping a child for smiling...

I wondered how long it would be before this boy was demonised

Originally Posted by SLB

So you dont like someone posing with their fish/kill, yet you dont mind the "suffering" the fish goes through for your father to "throw it back" , after he has had his sport.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh, so its ok for your father to hook a fish through its mouth, yank it through the water for however long it takes, rip the hook from its mouth, then dump it back! How caring of him!
At least it's more alive than them foxes are
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Lots of vets here pts wild animals FOC.

rune
you are not allowed to charge for wild animals or wild birds.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
you are not allowed to charge for wild animals or wild birds.
Thanks---that would explain it!

rune
Page 7 of 37 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »