View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I have a springer attachment, Im not that keen on the plastic clip on it , but, I do think the Springer is great because if your dog does pull to one side it doesnt affect the bike, we do 6 miles a time, in the winter, not so much in the summer and only early mornings when its cooler
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I wasn't sure about these with Kismet as she would rather pull the bike... I wasn't sure if it would work for Sibe/Mals. but if Gemma and Sutty approve I might take another look. Kismet could certainly do with something to burn off energy and we have loads of quiet roads around here
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
I wasn't sure about these with Kismet as she would rather pull the bike... I wasn't sure if it would work for Sibe/Mals. but if Gemma and Sutty approve I might take another look. Kismet could certainly do with something to burn off energy and we have loads of quiet roads around here
Magpye, this is me and Yummy, she's a plodder bless her but the others love to pull lol

Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh good tread - I was gonna ask something similar

I have had Ben out mountain biking before and he loves it - but I go safe places where he can run offlead
So great to watch him grinning all the way and even when I went as fast as I could downhill he was just in a happy lope - seemed to be saying 'is that all you have got??'
Was wondering about one for Mia cos it would be great exercise for her and she has trotted fine with me jogging
Like the idea that they are easy to clip on and off so I could do a warmup with her and Ben then take it off and still do proper(ish) mountain biking
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Delilah would love that, she'd sit there yapping as we cycled around

You're welcome to take Riley, i ain't doing it
Some people have no sense of adventure!

Originally Posted by gemma riley View Post
Ours love doing this! We can go slow and fast and they are never bothered about the bike. I love the walkydog and think its a great idea!
Go for it!
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
I have a springer attachment, Im not that keen on the plastic clip on it , but, I do think the Springer is great because if your dog does pull to one side it doesnt affect the bike, we do 6 miles a time, in the winter, not so much in the summer and only early mornings when its cooler
Cant view the vid, use the "directlink" code Sutty please, Id like to see it.

Originally Posted by magpye View Post
It was the size of the Springer thing that put me off, I look forward to watching Sutty's vid.
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Magpye, this is me and Yummy, she's a plodder bless her but the others love to pull lol

See above.

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Oh good tread - I was gonna ask something similar

I have had Ben out mountain biking before and he loves it - but I go safe places where he can run offlead
So great to watch him grinning all the way and even when I went as fast as I could downhill he was just in a happy lope - seemed to be saying 'is that all you have got??'
Was wondering about one for Mia cos it would be great exercise for her and she has trotted fine with me jogging
Like the idea that they are easy to clip on and off so I could do a warmup with her and Ben then take it off and still do proper(ish) mountain biking
The Walkydog is off and on in a second, you should give it a try!

I knew Id find loads of willing folk on here, we should start a club!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Forgot tips - although I am sure you can figure it out for yourself!
With Ben I started him with just 15 min running (he was only a year old) and built up 5 min at a time
Got to keep a really good eye out for them getting overheated cos they cant just stop and take a break
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Oops sorry, try it now lol
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=MVI_4078.flv
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 06:15 PM
can anyone see it coz when I click on, I'm asked for my password
Ben Mcfuzzylugs