Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I don't think it teaches a child respect for life, I think it does the opposite and hardens them and teaches them that it is OK to kill because they are human.

I would like them to learn that it is not OK to kill BECAUSE they are human.

rune
i agree
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I don't think it teaches a child respect for life, I think it does the opposite and hardens them and teaches them that it is OK to kill because they are human.

I would like them to learn that it is not OK to kill BECAUSE they are human.

rune
And you know that for certain with this particular child?

Apologies, but I've seen some pretty horrible things posted describing this child as evil, amongst other things, and it is just not justified in my view. If you have a personal opinion about it that may seem harsh on open forum, keep it to yourself. This is a little boy people are posting an opinion about!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
And you know that for certain with this particular child?

Apologies, but I've seen some pretty horrible things posted describing this child as evil, amongst other things, and it is just not justified in my view. If you have a personal opinion about it that may seem harsh on open forum, keep it to yourself. This is a little boy people are posting an opinion about!
she posted 'a child' not 'the child'

and the things you are referring to are not on this forum so why bring it up..you are making the issue over it.

also... how is runes post harsh?
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
she posted 'a child' not 'the child'

and the things you are referring to are not on this forum so why bring it up..you are making the issue over it.
Because people are posting judge, jury and executioner comments about a child, leave the kid out of it for goodness sakes, pick on anything else you like.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Because people are posting judge, jury and executioner comments about a child, leave the kid out of it for goodness sakes, pick on anything else you like.
I think people would say the same if it was an adult - I am sorry but the child was happy to stand there for the picture, what did he think people were going to think. People can only give their honest opinions and people will find it slightly odd. I personally dont think they could have put a worse picture up, a child stood next to a dead animal with a big smile, hardly shows respect for the dead hanging animal IMO.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I think people would say the same if it was an adult - I am sorry but the child was happy to stand there for the picture, what did he think people were going to think. People can only give their honest opinions and people will find it slightly odd. I personally dont think they could have put a worse picture up, and child stood next to a dead.
Hun, it's a child, they don't really have a say as to how and when they're photographed, I'm saddened to see you obviously think otherwise.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Hun, it's a child, they don't really have a say as to how and when they're photographed, I'm saddened to see you obviously think otherwise.
Of course he has a say - and if he doesnt his parents have forced him to stand there which is worse - mind it doesnt look like a forced smile to me - at that age I wouldnt have been forced or agreed to stand next to a dead animal for a picture, infact I would have been mortifed at someone suggesting I should pose for a piccie next to it - and still would now - but hey thats me!
I am sorry my opinion saddens you.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:16 PM
no..some people are saying they find it slightly disturbing..two very different things.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Of course he has a say - and if he doesnt his parents have forced him to stand there which is worse - mind it doesnt look like a forced smile to me - at that age I wouldnt have been forced or agreed to stand next to a dead animal for a picture, infact I would have been mortifed at someone suggesting I should pose for a piccie next to it - and still would now - but hey thats me!
I can't really bring myself to even start going into the ethics of it tonight. I know and rexpect you from a couple of forums hun, and it saddens me that a child is held up and judgemental comments are made. Surely, if you don't agree, leave any comments to the actual act, or to the parents, please.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:18 PM
and me
Page 5 of 37 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »