register for free

Dog News

Call for ban on electric shock collars

...has received 236 comments (page 24)
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-01-2015, 07:33 AM
Gee. I just read the last page. I hafta subscribe too???!!!!
I don't even know what that means!! LOL. LOL. LOL.
Give me enough time and I'll figure something out.
It's 1:30A here. time to stoke the fire and hit the hay.
TTFN
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Musher ... You have a very valid point there mate regarding your dogs ... They are exactly where they should be ... Outside. I personally think that all dogs should primarily live outside if possible ... Observing practicalities of small, short-coated dogs of course. That is my personal black and white view.

However, you couldn't do this with a single dog ... You lucky man have 16 dogs, they are happy to live outside and are in their element, but to have my Ben outside away from us would destroy him. His father was a fairly high % wolf cross and he had to be with us, his pack, 24/7 ... And we had him as an 8 week old puppy. Up until Hal, I never had any dog sleep inside, all my dogs have always slept outside in a lovely warm kennel stuffed with straw. But with Hal there was no way he would sleep away from us! But for sure, if I had two or more dogs from pups, they would sleep outside. Bearing in mind I always have heavy coated wolfies, I would go as far as saying I'm being cruel keeping them inside, but it is my experience that they need to be with you. If I had had 2 pups when we bought Hal maybe we would have succeeded?

Our winters are nowhere near as bad as yours of course Musher, but nonetheless you are totally correct. You give your dogs a wonderful life Musher ...

And thank you for your history lesson ... I am fascinated, always have been, by the whole Native American way of life, customs, traditions. The right way to live ... Taking only what we need and respecting all life on earth. I would have loved to meet your father Musher ...
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-01-2015, 07:49 AM
A quote from Luther Standing Bear Lakota
"With all creatures of the earth, sky and water was a real and active principle. In the animal and bird world there existed a brotherly feeling that kept the Lakota safe among them. And so close did some of the Lakotas come to their feathered and furred friends that in true brotherhood they spoke a common tongue."
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Exactly ... What a brilliant way to live, beneficial for all life, not just humans. We shall surely pay a terrible price for the harm we have wreaked on this beautiful planet. Unfortunately we will not be the only animal species to suffer.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Oh, Musher, I've enjoyed all your posts and I'm not offended. I'm not a native, either... unless black people count, which we don't. I just always feel so bad about what happened to them. They are nonexistent numerically here, yet they are the natives. It does sadden me.

As for your dogs, I have never once forgotten that domestication of the dog was so that the dogs could become of use, so they could serve us. If people work their working breeds, why would I have something to say? I mean, come on.

The teachings of the natives has truly benefited you as you have a refreshing sense of reality that is all too rare in this world of delusions. Humans these days are shells, bereft of all that really makes us a great species. All we could accomplish, and we can't see it, and destroy, destroy, destroy, instead. If only the natives were still here...

In retrospect, in contrast with all the things wrong with the world, even in the dog world per se', all the starved, fought, and beaten dogs, the thousands of euthananized dogs each year, a thing such as an e collar, used gently by a lady who only has her dogs best interests in mind, really is just not a big frickin' deal.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 08:59 AM
musher ... Look forward to emailing with you mate!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 09:01 AM
I so agree Myra ... But there are none so blind who do not want to see.
Page 24 of 24 « First < 14 21 22 23 24

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top