register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alison N
Dogsey Junior

21-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Well I went from one edge of the scale to the other as I was brought up with yorkies!

I'd been haranguing my parents from being about 11 for another dog and originally set off wanting a Dobermann but then I saw a rottie and that was that. Spent time handling other people's in obedience classes under supervision from being about 13 then was promised one of my own when I was 16 and if I passed my O-Levels. My parents were pretty fair in that if I put in the work, did the research and could convince them, they were happy to go for a bigger dog. I think my mum was a bit reticent at first but she wouldn't be without a rottie now.

First one I had was a Vormund Rottie (John and Jenny Dunhill, before Liz!) then had a few rescues, show rejects and now back to a pup again. Had various combinations, four at most but prefer two so I can give them the time and attention they need.

Wouldn't change my breed for a moment, I'm totally hooked on them! I think they have such a wonderful nature, great sense of humour and just something you can't explain they have but you wouldn't want to be without.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-04-2004, 02:53 PM
sorry to but in of topic.. but just had to say I LOVE your avatar Alison!! It goes perfectly with the Dogweb colours and it also reminds me of Max the Dobe we had when I was growin up
Alison N
Dogsey Junior

21-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Aww cheers Azz!

It's not my boy unfortunately, it's my "god son", Otto! I'm haranguing his owner to take him into the ring so it's all systems go this year (unfortunately I have to do the handling though so look for a rottie in the middle of the huskies !)
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-04-2004, 03:36 PM
lol will do - let us kno how he gets on too
Bon
Almost a Veteran

13-05-2004, 11:54 PM
I had not had a dog of my own in years and I did not think that it would ever be possible to have one due to my circumstances at the time. I did doggie sit for other people and I loved it, but its not the same as having one of your own.
Three years before Zoi came into my life I was surfing dog sites and came across the Cane Corso Pages and I fell in love with the breed, but never in my dreams did I imagine that I would ever have one. Anyway three years later due to a birazze set of events in my life quess what happened....Zoi. :smt049
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-05-2004, 12:08 AM
lets see some more pix of her Bon! Fill her thread up with all the pi xu can find! I for one would love to see em!

Thas what im gonna do with Rockys thread here, then one day when I'm 'old' I'll come back and read through his thread and see all his pictures
Bon
Almost a Veteran

15-05-2004, 01:00 PM
O.K. make me snap under pressure..... :smt047

Bon
Almost a Veteran

15-05-2004, 01:03 PM
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

15-05-2004, 01:54 PM
she looks great!!!!!!!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2004, 02:04 PM
I've grown up with GSDs, so when I left home i decided not to have any because I wouldn't stop at one. I've had a Dane, a Rottie, a Belgian Shepherd, and a StaffieX over the years but the yearning for a GSD became to great and I rehomed Shaan. A year later I got Storm another GSD and because my OH has a passion for wolfie looking dogs I sacrificed my right to have a long coat white GSD and got Luca who is a Utonagan, a wolf lookalike.

I don't think that I could ever live my life without a GSD in it, I love everthing about the breed and have done since I was small.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »