View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi Gems, I am like you, he is my only true friend, If it hadn't been for Blackie I wouldn't have been here now, and some days he keeps me sane, well almost.

When I was in hospital, I couldn't care less about the operations I had (5 altogether) it wasn't the thought of not waking up for myself, it was what will happen to Blackie? He made me pull through everything.

I'll have to go, crying my eyes out!

Ian
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 10:20 PM
awwww hogget
{big hug}
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 10:47 PM
When I was a kid I always wanted, a dog, I have always loved them but my mum wouldn't let me have one. My aunt has a farm in South America, and there are a few dogs there, and she used to have some house dogs too.

I was so sad at not being allowed a dog that my aunt gave me a pomeranian (not keen on them but nevermind lol) as a present, but the dog lived with her and I saw it on holidays. Then she got me another one, I still haven't figured out if he's a sibe or a malamute (reckon he's a malamute) and he lives on the farm .

What happened after that? My mum saw a Cav one day and fell head over heels, that was how we got our Ben. When Ben died we swore we wouldn't get another, it's too sad when they go, but our house was missing something until Archie came along

To be honest, when I imagine my life in the future, there's always a dog there!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Aww Ian, I compleatly understand, although i was in a slightly different situation i know what you mean
OzBoz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2005, 11:19 AM
I reckon it's just who you are - I was brought up with no pets at all, Dad's a severe asthmatic. But he was also brought up on a farm and views dogs as working animals and most other sorts as food (urgh!) whereas Mum had dogs all her childhood but wasn't bothered not having one when she married Dad.

I've always been a huge animal lover, from bringing frogspawn home as a kid (and being utterly heartbroken when the birds ate it all...) to feeding farm cats my tea in the back garden when the parents weren't looking LOL oooh I got in SOOOO much trouble for that, they couldn't understand why we had kittens all over the garden until I came clean.....
Then I decided I wanted to be a vet (sadly not bright enough...) but worked in boarding kennels for years to build up experience with animals. I've also been bitten numerous times by all sorts of breeds for all sorts of reasons, with the nastiest bite when I was apprx 3yrs, yet never been put off owning a dog.
Once our last rottie Becky RIP was pts 10 years ago we decided to wait until the kids were old enough to learn respect as I wanted another rott. 9 years seemed like a whole lifetime till we got Oz, and now I just can't imagine life without him. Unless circumstances dictate otherwise, I will never be without a dog for the rest of my days!

Oh yeah, I've got 4 cats too - and my son has a hamster
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4