View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
WAs really hard choosing names for our breed and not using names previously used on other dogs.

Willo just cos I love the name.
Kimi as my Mum loved the name Kim and Kimi is Japanese for loved
now the pup, well ended up with Kelty initials of my Grandchildren but sadly too much like Kimi so its Reece, or RK!
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Lydia - first SWD to be born and bred in England and she was named after the breeders daughter that we got her mother from in Spain.

Carina - Spanish word meaning love and affection and she's certainly affectionate.

Lana - Spanish word for wool as there coat is wool rather than fur.

Anton - the person that we got our first import from is called Antonio Garcia so Anton for short. His kennel name is Briarlow's Antonio Garcia.

Carmen - wanted to keep her so we got my dad to name her, he, he!

Lastar - well he came from Spain with that name.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 11:51 AM
felix was originally going to be called logan, but when he came home he acted like a cat! he still does! as a pup he walked along the edge of the toy box, he luuuurves to sit on the window seat, and he rubs his back up into your hand like a cat does.

indy was indy from before she was born, i had such a clear picture of this little black and white bitch that looked alot like her mum, sure enough kes obliged and mini kes was born!

as for sunday names? indy gets indiana! and felix gets felixi-cur!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 01:16 PM
She was called Mo when we adopted her, seemed a shame to change it, she was 6yrs old after all, and anyway it suited her
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Patch had his name from the rescue kennels and we couldn't change it as he looked like a patch!
Ruby was so called because her coat colours reminded me of autumn and at the time i had never met a dog called ruby (nrly 8 yrs ago)then shortly after there was a dog on brookside called ruby!
Lennon was named after Aaron Lennon who plays for spurs and england (youngest wanted Diego after a kids tv character but OH said no a it would remind him of maradona and cheating!)

my cats have always had names begining with 'T' which was purley by accident untill we got Teemu,
Tandy, died age 19 tootise Dissapeard(she had white feet) treacle and toffee (my kittens that didn't live to more than a year old due to congenital liver probs, then Trickles who had her name when we rehomed her so couldn't refuse and lastly Teemu who is named after another spurs player as by then i was insisting on a name begining with T!
mosie.mander-_@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
OMG My uncles' 2 old Rotts were called Bamble and Bracken
That is an amazing coincidence. I think they are lovely names, l do like Willow as well.

When l was Younger we always had Welsh Border Collie crosses and the senior dog was known as Bess. When the old one passed on the next one became Bess.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Mine are all flowers:

Rosie, Daisy, Poppy, Jasmine, Lily, Inca, Bella, Petal and Flora
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2007, 07:13 PM
my are Ben and Meg traditional border collie names then i wanted something different and as i like native american indians went for Leoti means flower on the prairia my next collie will be dakota for a male or aponi (means butterfly)for a female
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2007, 12:38 PM
We have gone down the flower theme too although more by accident then anything else as they were just names we liked at the time. We first had a Holly and then a Poppy and now a Lily and the next dog will either be a Daisy or a Lupin
Amimad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Great guys keep 'em comin
Page 4 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »