View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moo
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 10:30 AM

Bad Mistake

Last night i thought i would get up early tomorrow, about 6ish and take Mia for a nice long walk as i was taking her to work with me, this morning got up at 5.30 got ready and was out of the house by 6ish, was walking happily down the road with Mia when we came across this bloke and his gsd (off lead) Mia was very good, didnt really pay much attention to this dog until it started barking, Mia then decided that this dog wanted to play now she is a very strong dog already and can easily pull me over, which she did, i landed straight on my arse and lost grip of her lead, before i new it she was running towards this gsd wanting to play, the dog started growling and was being very aggresive towards Mia, i got myself up off the floor and called Mia back to me, which she did in a flash, but the gsd followed, the owner never bothered to call this dog back, i got hold of Mia's lead and held very tight trying to get this dog away from Mia, i shouted to the bloke to get his dog away from mine, and he replied 'you shouldnt have such a ******* nasty dog, then mine wouldnt go after yours', i couldnt believe what i was hearing, Mia is no way nasty (i would admit if she was) i said to the bloke that it was his dog that was causing all the trouble, he then got more verbal, cant put down what he said on here, started to walk away and SPAT at Mia.

I'm really mad that this has happened all because she is a Rottie.
G30ff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Oh dear Moo, bet that was awful If it had been me I'd have picked you up, dusted you off & rubbed your sore bum better

Geoff
moo
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Thankyou Geoff thats very kind of you, i do have a sore bot with a nice big bruise ops:
Alison N
Dogsey Junior

14-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Always the way though Moo.

Doris (who unfortunately passed on last year) was one of my special girls who was an absolute dream to walk, 100% recall never bothered anybody. Yet there would always be some dimwit who thought it was really funny for his dog to come up and harass the rottie. Now Doris had a modicum of patience but that would run out but because of the hype the breed has, you couldn't afford for her to get miffed. Annoys the hell out of me!

Whilst I am on my soapbox....another thing that annoys me is people who have their dogs off the lead because they can't be bothered, dog has a 0% recall and when they finally get the dog to come back to them, they thump it. Hmmm.....doesn't take a scientist to work out why the dog won't come back to them.

I've had many an argument walking around Pontefract Racecourse, people just think I'm on day release from the mental hospital now .
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2004, 12:03 PM
poor Mia

Most of the rotties I know are big softies
moo
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 12:50 PM
I know what you mean Alison, i've been told loads of times that i must have a screw loose for owning a rottie, 'they are devil dogs' i just laugh at them and say that if i wanted a 'devil dog' i would have beaten her from an early age to make her nasty, and seen as i didnt do that the worst thing Mia could ever do to you is lash you with her tongue
I've been trying to teach Mia to walk without her lead, we do this in a field where i live, i would never let her off on a public footpath etc as i dont know what she would be like, plus anyway i never really walk her in the street, apart from this morning, which i wont be doing again, we spend most of our happy times in a large field where she can go loopy
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Moo, that guy was a jerk! It's always that way, the person to blame trys to flip the entire situation around to make themselves look better. What I did with Tigger in the beginning when he was hyper about other dogs was I made him sit and then I would get a firm grip on him till the other dogs passed.

Don't feel bad about the devil dog comment. My family and friends think I'm crazy for having bandogs. People don't understand things they are not familiar with if they are closed minded.

I hope you didn't get hurt

To the guy with the GSD
moo
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 01:28 PM
she's never done anything like this before, i think that the bit that upset me the most, had a quiet little word with her after the bloke had gone! i'm not hurt to much, bottom is bruised and sore but thats all really, sitting on a cushion at the mo!!!

love the smiley for the gsd bloke, sums up my opinion of him very well!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-05-2004, 02:31 PM
poor Moo!

*hugs*

Don't worry about that guy as one day he'll get whats coming to him, forget him, as he probably has a very sad life, maybe you should report him to the police for spitting on YOU? say u wiped it off yourself bu theres still some left on the dog!

moo
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 02:43 PM
think i might spit at him next time i see him, not going to tell OH about it, he'll probably end up taking a baseball bat with him next time he walk the little monster he's very protective over the mut, not me though
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >