View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosydog
New Member!
Male 

22-09-2017, 01:43 PM

Is there a safer, quicker release lead clasp?

Hi, I run with my dog and trying to unclasp the lead from the collar quickly with current clasps is just about the most annoying thing in my day - AND I HAVE CHILDREN.
Hooking onto the dog collar is not too bad, but could be easier and sometimes the clasps just...open??? And debris gets into the spring mechanisms n stops them working completely!!!
Is there a more modern, safer, Quick release clasp out there or do people just buy what they know, therefore companies make what they buy?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-09-2017, 01:46 PM
You shouldn't run with them on a collar, use a harness. Yes there are alternatives to spring clips but doubt they are any quicker to release, they may well be more reliable though.
Forgotten
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Have a look on ebay for quick release coursing leads.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by rosydog View Post
Hi, I run with my dog and trying to unclasp the lead from the collar quickly with current clasps is just about the most annoying thing in my day - AND I HAVE CHILDREN.
Hooking onto the dog collar is not too bad, but could be easier and sometimes the clasps just...open??? And debris gets into the spring mechanisms n stops them working completely!!!
Is there a more modern, safer, Quick release clasp out there or do people just buy what they know, therefore companies make what they buy?
I really don't understand your need for speed to release the lead.. Ours clips on or off in just a second or so. It helps that he knows the score.