View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Well car dropped off again such a nice man so apologetic and offered to run it back when he has discovered the problem and sorted it if I get stuck. We will definitely be taking it there for the gaitor boot and new tyre feel after he has been so good about the niggles it would be only fair to give some decent business.
Gorden packing to leave soon for work back in London.
Dillon's paw seems a bit better thank you Moyra.
Hope everyone enjoys lunches by the river and lunches out in general and vet visits go well.
June at a loss what to do with Zen to be honest. Sounds like it needs some really obnoxious kind of smell and or taste to put her off or maybe a tyre hanging from somewhere for her to amuse herself with.

Might try out the new bath later no shower in yet and the bath needs a few finishing touches as does the room but bath is ready to use.

Do hope LG is ok. Hope too everyone is well and all our four legged friends are too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Lynn, nice to hear of a trade person actually giving good service for a change, it seems all we hear now is people being ripped off, bad jobs being done, people not turning up when they are supposed too etc...great that there are still reliable workmen around
our shower is up but the riser rail isn't up yet and not all the tiles are grouted so we have to be really careful....i am terrified i will get the tiles wet and they will fall off and dad will do his nut Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2016, 11:00 AM
That's why this stuff is good griff. Quick and easy to put up and looks good to.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160830_115239129.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	5199   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160830_115232132.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	5200   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160830_115224991.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	5201  
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2016, 11:34 AM
we looked at the marble effect cladding years ago Lynn but my mum didn't want it, she wanted it all tiled floor to ceiling and what moira wants moira gets Lol, might have taken a long time to do but she is pleased which equals a quiet life for me and my dad Lol. The club has the cladding in the toilets, it is all done art deco style and is grey/black marble effect, looks really nice but has got damaged quite quickly with people slamming the doors back dead hard and one oik has burnt it with a fag...god forbid they walk the 12ft to outside
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Fair enough I like quick and easy myself. Also as Gorden has limited time here it needs to be done quick it's taken roughly a year to get this far.
I'm hoping no oiks turn up to my new bathroom if they do they will get a swift kick up the backside.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Lynn, it is looking good. Hope you are pleased with it. Love the taps and shower head.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Very pleased with it Moyra looking forward to it being completely finished hoping the shower over the bath will be fitted next weekend. Then the finishing touches painting the wall round the window some privacy screening for the window and a new blind.
Then we can finish the jobs we started nearly 3 years ago mainly the stairs and decorating and rearranging the kitchen.
You never know by next spring it may be ready to put on the market. I can see the upstairs bathroom becoming redundant except for if you need to get up in the night.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Good suggestion griff re bulking with veg ... we are doing that ... his fave at the moment is lettuce with a dob of hellemans mayo! He is such a good boy and in really great shape. Hes dropped 5 kilos since we lost tai ... you can feel his backbone an ribs easily. Hes ot to stay on the steroids a bit longer 😢
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2016, 12:32 PM
By the time you are finished Lynn, you may feel you want to stay there. Although I know your heart is back this way. Shame it is too expensive this way.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2016, 03:09 PM
To be honest Lynn, both me and my dad wanted to clad it...just get it looking better and it would have done for a while but nope, she refused and we have had a nightmare job. I am sure it will sell easily with all the effort you are putting in
Gnasher, sorry to hear ben has to stay on the steroids longer...i feel his pain!!!
lunch was nice, Steve loved the pub/restaurant and we will be going back again next week most likely...cheaper than miller and carter and a lot better surroundings, lovely by the river...good job we booked a table as there was a 50minute wait for walk ins!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >