View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Sadly there are no clubs up here in the North East but seeing as that's 3 (or 4 if Bint fancies joining us too ) us in Co Durham, we could make our own.

I think there may be a couple of people from my running club who'd be interested too.
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh, and I almost forgot to say, come and join the canicross forum at www.canicross-adventures.co.uk.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by honeytone View Post
Sadly there are no clubs up here in the North East but seeing as that's 3 (or 4 if Bint fancies joining us too ) us in Co Durham, we could make our own.

I think there may be a couple of people from my running club who'd be interested too.
Now there's a thought! I'm due to change my job in the next couple of months too which will hopefully give me less irregular hours and therefore more regular free time.

I wouldn't have a clue how to start a club though?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Oh, and I almost forgot to say, come and join the canicross forum at www.canicross-adventures.co.uk.
Thanks for that.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:34 PM
The C25K pod casts look interesting, think that might be the way to go for me!
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Now there's a thought! I'm due to change my job in the next couple of months too which will hopefully give me less irregular hours and therefore more regular free time.

I wouldn't have a clue how to start a club though?
Same here, I'm rubbish at stuff like that!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Same here, I'm rubbish at stuff like that!
I wonder if it'd be worth putting out some feelers at the event at Hamsterley, see if anyone would be interested in joining a North East club?
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I wonder if it'd be worth putting out some feelers at the event at Hamsterley, see if anyone would be interested in joining a North East club?
I'm betting the majority of the runners will be CaniX's die hard followers who travel up from the South, but I'll keep my ears open for North East accents.

I think I did hear that CaniX won't be doing another event at Kielder next season, due to such a poor turn out at the last event. I really hope Hamsterley doesn't go the same way. Word is just starting to spread about the sport up here.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm betting the majority of the runners will be CaniX's die hard followers who travel up from the South, but I'll keep my ears open for North East accents.

I think I did hear that CaniX won't be doing another event at Kielder next season, due to such a poor turn out at the last event. I really hope Hamsterley doesn't go the same way. Word is just starting to spread about the sport up here.
That's a shame, just part and parcel of the North-South divide though sadly!
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Most important is a good harness for the dog. It needs to take quite a bit if strain and be a good fit so the dog is comfortable. Snow Paws help line and website are v helpful. If you can justify the expense, the running belt and bungee lead are well worth it for your comfort.

As for what you wear...To start the only special kit I had were some women's trail running shoes that were on offer in Decathlon (I don't think French ladies like running in the mud!) Next time I'll pay up for some waterproof ones.

I've added some waterproof gaiters for the winter, which are great when you're going through longer grass. Other than that a good sports bra, a couple of layers of breathable clothes, and a bum bag to put treats, water, etc.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >