Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Woody is pedigree because 2.5 years ago I knew no better. Now I do.
You knew no better? So are you now saying you wouldnt buy a pedigree bred dog again? Odd view I shall say.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:59 PM
So, looking at this time table Best in Show is at 20.30pm. That means that the winners of each breed need to be there from at least 9am to go through all of the pre-class judging.

Seems like a very long day to me.

http://www.crufts.org.uk/whats-on/day4
That would depend actually you do not understand. You can actually leave from 4pm, it would only be the best of breed winners that will be required to remain. Crufts also do not do a best puppy in show, like many champ shows do.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
You knew no better? So are you now saying you wouldnt buy a pedigree bred dog again? Odd view I shall say.
Yes, but please note it is purely a personal preference.

I do believe there are some ethical, genuine good breeders out there, the trouble is they seem to be few and far between these days which Crufts is not helping!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Settle down, don't ruin an interesting debate.
Ohh do excuse me...

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I find it amusing that you mock when the KC try to help.
and again when they dont, cant please them all - and alot arent worth pleasing
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

That would depend actually you do not understand. You can actually leave from 4pm, it would only be the best of breed winners that will be required to remain. Crufts also do not do a best puppy in show, like many champ shows do.
That's my point. So best of breed will have ben there how long that day? I'm sure first judging starts at 9am for each breed class.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

In the interest of good debate, please tell me why you love showing so much. I'd especially like to know what you think your dogs get out of it.
Ill tell you what, come and see. Its pointless trying to explain to somebody who is obviously anti showing and also doesnt understand how a show is run, so come see for yourself.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Ill tell you what, come and see. Its pointless trying to explain to somebody who is obviously anti showing and also doesnt understand how a show is run, so come see for yourself.
I've been and what I saw I hated so if I don't 'get it' explain it to me. Genuinely in the interest of good debate.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Yes, but please note it is purely a personal preference.

I do believe there are some ethical, genuine good breeders out there, the trouble is they seem to be few and far between these days which Crufts is not helping!
You are not looking hard enough then...There are many ethical, genuine good breeders out there who also show, and whos dogs welfare always comes first..
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:02 PM
That's my point. So best of breed will have ben there how long that day? I'm sure first judging starts at 9am for each breed class.
Agility, dancing comps etc.. also REGULARLY run at length, whats the problem? Do you think a dog cant manage it? I mean they can do a day in the field right? What makes you think any dog cant be in a ring for half an hour whatever time of the day it is?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I think the entrance numbers show how popular it is, and of course the increase in entries.
Page 6 of 103 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 56 > Last »