register for free

Dog News

Daventry to fine dog walkers who go out without poo bags

A local authority has approved plans to fine dog walkers who leave home without poo bags regardless of whether their pet makes a mess or not.

Daventry District Council is believed to be the first authority to bring in the measure, which could see owners given Ł100 on-the-spot penalties.

The extra power for enforcement officers comes in the form or a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO).
More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-34439590

Your comments and views:
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2015, 05:04 AM
Much as police nab people going equipped to rob..

A good idea and while they are at it get those pious liars who tie a bag to the handle of the flexi as if they are going to pick up.. When you look most of those bags are as old as the road to Rome !
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 07:20 AM
I live near Daventry and walk Ben in the woods - I stick and flick so therefore am going to have to remember to make sure I've always got some bags on me - certainly in the town I think it a good idea that one can be fined if not carrying bags ... Interesting to see how this one pans out!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 08:10 AM
I think it's a great idea. Much easier to enforce than catching in the act. I'd love to see it rolled out nationwide.

At least it shows an intent to enforce this very difficult Law
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Well I no longer carry poo bags because I don't use them. like Gnasher I stick and flick, or boot and scoot, either that or use a tissue as they degrade better. Raw fed Pugs do the tinyest poo's and a bag is overkill tbh. Never even met a dog warden on a walk.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Fining people even if their dog didn't make a mess? Lol that is absurd.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Powers are given to PCSOs to give on the spot fines. If everyone used the stick and flick (or boot and scoot) method, we would have dog mess everywhere.

It takes seconds to pick up and makes everyone's walks a pleasanter experience
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Well the woodland trust requests that you stick and flick or boot and scoot so no we wouldn't have dog doo everywhere at all. It gets flicked into the undergrowth and breaks down very quickly unlike plastic bags. One of mine did a poo on the decking yesterday, went to pick it up this morning and it had disappeared the weather had taken care of it.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2015, 01:15 PM
The forestry commission are also actively promoting it

No one likes to see discarded dog waste bags. We are trying to encourage people to use 'stick and flick' in the forest. If your dog fouls the path in the forest please use a stick to remove the waste from the path into the undergrowth where it can break down naturally. If your dog fouls near the forest centre, carparks or other sensitive areas we ask you pick up the waste and use the dog bins.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2015, 01:21 PM
The National trust also supports it, the cost of emptying bins and disposing of the waste is quite high apparently but people objected to being told to take their bagged poo home lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top