register for free

Dog News

Poor Maggie's still looking for a new home - after 11 years in kennels

LOVEABLE pooch Maggie is still on the look out for a new home – 11 years after she was first taken in by a kennels.

The whippet-cross was just a 12-month-old puppy when she was abandoned at Serendipity Kennels in Cellarhead.

And despite several appeals to match her with a family, none have been forthcoming.
More here: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Poor-...ail/story.html

Your comments and views:
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2015, 08:59 AM
That's really sad. I hope she finds a home. I think she need someone with experienced with dogs to help her adjust to living in a home.
Wolfwitch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Kudos to them for not putting dogs down, but part of me can't help but think they must be really poor at advertising/marketing these dogs if they have several that have been there that long.
Surely when she came in as a pup she would have gone to a good home easily, but now? She really has got everything against her Poor girl.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2015, 05:41 PM
The article says many dogs have spent their entire lives in kennels there and even died there. Makes me think they are too picky with who they let adopt their dogs. Couldn't find a home for all those years and the dog was 12 weeks when they got her? Yeah I'm blaming the kennel here from the outside looking in.
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Don't think they tried very hard with her or some of the others either. I'm sure other kennels would easily have homed her well before now! Bet they get plenty of offers now, though I wouldn't be surprised if she still isn't let go.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Being on the outside looking in, makes it so easy to pass judgement without having a clue whats actually going on!!

Firstly she was not 12 wks but 12 mths old, some dogs just get passed over its as simple as that , you cant force people to take this or that dog .

This Kennel does not stand alone in having "lifers" there isn`t a rescue in the country that will be able to re home EVERY dog that comes through their doors.

To suggest they have not tried hard enough or blame then is absurd.

Can you imagine, telling a perspective new owner, you cant have any of those dogs, you have to have one of these because they have been here they longest.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Well to several people, not just me but of course you will pick just me to quote lol... based ONLY on what we read from the article (excuse the 12 week error, made more sense to say 1 year instead of 12 months) they don't seem to be moving the dogs, especially if several have died in their kennels from OLD AGE like they implied. To say that there's no chance they're part of the problem is what is absurd. Now she's got tons of offers of course, which the article states but she's still there. Sounds like a case of workers bonding with some of the dogs and rejecting applications or something. Not unheard of. Anyway I still believe they probably aren't trying hard enough.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top