register for free

Dog News

Hunts hounds killed

Dare I say, shame some of the huntsmen weren't hit Sorry that is very controversial I know,but I have been so upset by this.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.u...ail/story.html

Your comments and views:
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Yes nippy I think saying shame some if the humans didn't get hit, is somewhat controversial, and to be honest rather mean, why would you wish death on anyone, not to mention the trauma the train driver would suffer if he had actually hit some people.

Sad story , for all concerned the hunt staff must be devastated about their dogs not to mention the train driver.
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2014, 06:19 PM
I get what nippy meant. There sit on a horse chase some poor fox down till it's so tired it can't run no more then gets ripped apart alive. Where's the sport in that.
Very sad the poor dogs lost there lives .
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Amazing only 6 dogs were hit, the poor driver must be traumatised and the hunt staff will be devastated. Poor dogs
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2014, 06:36 PM
I did answer you Jackie, but it obviously didn't post, sorry.
What I said was, without the humans those 30+ dogs would probably not have been anywhere near the railway line and would still be alive now.
Death by whatever means upsets me, be it by trains, man, or dogs.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Poor hounds - they are the innocent victims here, and the poor train driver. I cannot speak for every hunt, but where their hounds are concerned the huntsman and hunt staff do care for them. I am an anti having previously been a pro and come from a long line of fox hunters, but it is not fair to say that at least some hunts do not care for their hounds. A couple of Saturday's ago we were walking Ben at dusk up on the Northamptonshire heights above everdon and there were hunt servants out looking for stray hounds.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Very sad. We had near here on one of the railway lines last week I think about 20 horses killed on one of the railway lines.
Seems the fence had a hole in it and the horses and I believe one foal got through onto the track.
At that time the owner hadn't been found not sure if they have it/them yet.
Very upsetting anything like this.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2014, 06:43 PM
It may have escaped some folks notice, but sitting on their horses chasing down a fox and letting the hounds rip it to pieces is illegal You don't know the circumstances of why this happened, So no I don't get what Nippy said, she advocated it was a shame some of the humans should have been the ones under the train, that to me is a horrendous thought.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Yes Jackie you actually are right. It is something I should not have said.
Hunting makes me so angry and the thought of those poor dogs being killed, made me so incensed that my anger took over.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2014, 07:17 PM
I am sure it is understood Nippy Jen that your anger took over.
I hope we all know you well enough and have known you long enough to know that you are normally a very thoughtful person.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top