register for free

Dog News

Do not walk your dog here!

...has received 117 comments (page 3)
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 11:14 AM
I may not own my entire nation, but neither do they. So therefore they should not be telling British people what they can and can't do in their own country, neither should they be creating ghettos which are no go areas, and where there are people living their entire lives out who cannot and will not speak a word of English. If they don't want to integrate there is no point them living here is there, so they should go somewhere that has the lifestyle they want instead of imposing it on the existing people.
First of all, you're still acting like it was for sure the Muslims who wrote that sign. We don't know that and I don't even think that. Learning English is very hard and you won't learn their language and try to communicate with them... so I mean what's there?

Living in their country, if they want to communicate with the outside world such as the UK, USA, etc. they are expected to learn English. And in your country, they are ALSO expected to learn English. Kinda unfair, eh? As if English is the only language in the world and to be "civilized" and live in a "world power" nation such as the UK or USA, you must speak it. How the world works, but not necessarily fair. Sometimes it's a good idea to put yourself in their shoes

People born in foreign places cannot help where they were born and they deserve a chance to have a different or better life as much as the next person, but it's very hard for them. I do not think they are "imposing" their culture on you on purpose.

Ghettos are for people with low income. They don't make them just because they can. Perhaps they want to integrate without having to 100% conform to a nation they were not born in. when you are this unaccepting of a religion or group of people, it makes total sense that integration isn't working.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2014, 11:18 AM
No, we DID live in a free country. Everyone needs to use their vote wisely in future and ensure they don't vote for the parties who engineered this social disaster, because thats what it was, social engineering.
Doubt there is anything specific in Islam telling the women to keep their heads covered in case the sight of their hair inflamed men to fever pitch!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2014, 11:30 AM
You are sooooo wrong Myra, we are not talking dirt poor peasants, firstly we have a benefits system so everyone gets a reasonable standard of living. They live where they do from choice, the Bengali's have lived in that area since I was a child and I'm now 60 in August. The area has always been ethnically diverse, I know because I lived in Tower Hamlets as a child and went to school there until I was 16. The Bengali's back then were an open and welcoming friendly bunch, they spoke English although the elderly ones probably didn't, anyone of working age certainly did. I had friends in the community and we were frequently fed in each others houses. I grew up in an area that was full of people from several nations, I'm not racist or prejudiced against anyone but this area has changed. They commit acts of violence against gays, Jews and non Muslims. They have been elected to the local council which I would think was great except they are abusing their power. I don't care if we have a Muslim prime minister in all honesty all I would need is that He or She be fair and behave according to the laws of this country and not try to impose their beliefs on to us. We have hard won freedoms in this country and instead of them enjoying living in a free country they are trying to impose beliefs from another century onto the indigenous population. You also forget many of them even in their 50's etc were indeed born here.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Living in their country, if they want to communicate with the outside world such as the UK, USA, etc. they are expected to learn English. And in your country, they are ALSO expected to learn English. Kinda unfair, eh? As if English is the only language in the world and to be "civilized" and live in a "world power" nation such as the UK or USA, you must speak it. How the world works, but not necessarily fair. Sometimes it's a good idea to put yourself in their shoes
Actually I AM in their shoes.

I moved to a country where English is not the normal language.

I had to learn a totally different language, not just to speak but to read and write as it is so far different to to English that so many people to back to England, America, South Africa ect, because they can not cope.

I am still here, nearly 29 years later. But I do not expect people to speak to me in English - I do not expect people to treat me any differently because I was born here

And I did not come here expecting them to learn MY language, MY beliefs. I came here to learn THEIR language, and THEIR beliefs.

To live as an Israeli. Not an expat. And not to live how I lived in England.

Not like those who have emigrated to England want the English to accept their religion, their language, their belief, and accept Sharia Law.

And tell them where they must not walk their dogs.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 11:48 AM
We in America have a benefits system, too but it does not mean you're not still poor at the end of the day. Perhaps your definition of a ghetto is different than mine. I have seen on this site quite a few times where Muslims in particular are remarked about in a negative light.

One thread about their headdress being "nonconformist" and a few other mentions of them and now this. I don't live in the UK and I don't know where the discrimination and whatnot is coming from, only that I do not agree with it.

I don't accept my countries agenda that they are all terrorists and terrible people. Even the radical ones that do seem like bad people do not equal the whole. But then, as a minority myself... I guess I might have a different mindset altogether when it comes to grouping people as a whole and wanting them to "conform" and "integrate".
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Malka, I was not talking about you. I quoted someone else and that is who I was talking to. Your comments did not warrant my response and therefore it was not directed towards you.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Myra - I know you were not talking about me.

But there are some people in England where, admitted I no longer live, who want Sharia law in what they consider to be "their areas.

And do not want people to walk their dogs in "their" areas.

And all I did was report a news item in this, the News Section of Dogsey.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2014, 12:07 PM
I think there are differences between our benefits system and that in the U.S Myra, and as for people being poor there are plenty in full time employment that know that feeling too.
Seems like that was the only part of my post you read.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 12:10 PM
I understand Malka. It makes sense that of coruse there are some people. But that does not mean all people of a religion want that and that all people of that religion should be grouped along with them. That is all I was saying.

Trouble, no, I read your entire post. It's like I said, I am not from the UK and I don't understand your hostility or where it comes from. I have not seen what you have seen, and my mindset is different.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2014, 12:14 PM
What hostility?
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top