View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 09:18 PM
It's probably a good thing that on Dogsey, most members state what part of the UK they live in.

If not - as in the case of some other forums - then if Adam recommended someone in Wales to get and/or use a shock collar, he could find himself as an accessory or conspiracy to commit an illegal act.

No use you being smug about this Adam and saying it may be overturned later - at the present time it is illegal, and you should be watching your back rather than firing off as a loose cannon. If the authorities want a scapegoat to test any new legal powers, you're sitting up and bleating.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`m not lame, sweetie. And you`d be amazed at the world views I can handle.
Don`t make assumptions about me because you have a fellow feeling for `Adam`.

what fellow feeling???

I don`t think he is a trainer because he doesn`t know anything about training, because he has never posted about his own (supposed) dogs or experience,

that logic would possibly equal he isnt a good trainer, not a troll.

and because his literacy level is far below what one would expect from one who claims to have a Degree.

no they arent.

]The definition of a troll is below - I defy anyone to say `Adam` doesn`t fit the bill[/B]
i already did.

also the troll piece you have provided as evidence does not equate to adam's posting behaviour at all, so you have just argued against your own conclusion

so this post above does demonstrate the point of the first paragraph only of my last post
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
No not a Fasist, just someone who feel that suggesting subjecting 'stims' on a dog that he has never met who has a longstanding medical condition that requires analgesia and advising them to buy an ecollar is not acceptable in my opinion. I am more than happy to listen to others opinions and am open minded enough to accept differing ideas to my own but as I happen to believe using an ecollar as a form of abuse then of course I wish AP was trolling for attention rather than claiming to be a dog trainer and giving out advise.
your point is the one i just made, and was seperate to the one re trolls and adam's posting rights.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
This is getting beyond a joke. I haven't been called a girl since before I left primary school some 35 years ago!
easy one that

its the photo wot dunnit
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
That's about the gist of it - it was a one off in the sense that things have been good for about a year, but I'll just state again that in the past we've had problems (see earlier).

Medical Conditions: I was first shown how to use a long line with one of our other dogs (Ella). Whilst using this to teach recall, I once stdod on it to stop her running off. The result of this was that she swun around by her neck. Not wishing to repeat this I bought a full body harness.

I used this on Locky. Stopping him from belting off resulted in him howling in pain and limping - we hadn't discovered the loose shoulder ligaments as yet. That's just an example of a safe method causing the dog harm.

On another occaision, a dog ran towards him, he set off towards it but was wearing the long line. It got wrapped around my knee and I was on crutches for about 6 weeks, followed by another month or so before I could walk properly. That's just an example of a safe method causing me harm!
I am not a trainer but I am sure there are people on here that will continue to give you good advise and suggestions.

With my own dog we have mostly great walks but occasionaly something will happen that shows up my notso perfect training but that is fine. My training with Beau is a journey, who knows if we will ever get to the destination but we are having fun on the way. If he never improves from today onwards then I could live with that because I refuse to feel the pressure having the perfect dog.
If I were you I would give myself a pat on the back and appreciate how far you have come with Locky.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
your point is the one i just made, and was seperate to the one re trolls and adam's posting rights.
My point was that I wish he was a troll not that I though he was.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2010, 09:49 PM
ah!

sorry

my bad

you are right, t'would be nice to have that consolation, wouldnt it
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
My point was that I wish he was a troll not that I though he was.
With you there... *sigh*
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
With you there... *sigh*
and me, and not just because what was posted In this thread but others to!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Troll? Troll? Where's Gandalf when you need him?

Snorri
Page 50 of 77 « First < 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 > Last »