View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Good luck with the Lambs, you're braver than me!
Well we'll see..... if I end up with a herd of cantankerous ewes in the field you'll know it was all talk!

Incidentally, you can buy a ewe with twin lambs at the moment for €60, about £42. The supermarkets must be making a fortune.....
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy
Well we'll see..... if I end up with a herd of cantankerous ewes in the field you'll know it was all talk!

Incidentally, you can buy a ewe with twin lambs at the moment for €60, about £42. The supermarkets must be making a fortune.....
Now there's another debate. Supermarkets' pricing powers are huge and sometimes I think they hold far too much power over suppliers. Sadly, I saw on the news a few weeks ago that small shops are said to be on the way out in about 15 years. I've started to shop at my local shops for fruit and veg - its much cheaper and seems to last longer. And I'm sick of looking at supermarket fresh food and it having a 'use by' date one or two days ahead. They're just trying to get us to go back more quickly because too many people for their liking are doing weekly shops and not coming in often enough IMO.

Sorry gone off topic.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 09:40 AM
All 5 of us eat meat, just No. 1 daughter Abi (17) is a veggie, she won't eat anything with meat/chicken I have to buy everything with the labels 'suitable for vegitarians' I spend most of my time in supermarkets reading the packaging.....lol.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 09:44 AM
We all eat meat here too, but I favour fish.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 09:51 AM
I only eat Chicken, Turkey & Fish
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 09:56 AM
I love vegetables OH and I eat more vegetables than meat - we only use meat as a condiment so to speak just to add flavour but primarily our plate is jam packed full of vegetables.

We eat loads of organic produce as well.

But we do get colds unfortunately, due to the hours we work, sleep deprivation and lack of fresh air.

If I had my way I'd be vegetarian for the simple reason that I LOVE VEGETABLES
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 09:56 AM
which I could be vegetarian but I love meat so much and if I don't have it I crave it so bad.

The price of some meat especially if it is 'healthy' or decent cuts is outrageous though It would be ALOT cheaper not to meat!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
I love vegetables OH and I eat more vegetables than meat - we only use meat as a condiment so to speak just to add flavour but primarily our plate is jam packed full of vegetables.

But we do get colds unfortunately, due to the hours we work, sleep deprivation and lack of fresh air.

God I wish I liked veg, most of them make me hurl! Tried some Asparagus the other day and I had to run to the bin!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
God I wish I liked veg, most of them make me hurl! Tried some Asparagus the other day and I had to run to the bin!
what the heck was wrong with the flippin toilet
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage

Blahhhhhhhhh...lol
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »