Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Oooooohhhh sounds more appealing by the minute
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Looks a beautiful place to live...Wonder if I can persuade my hubby to relocate to wales....
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Would be nice, huh Pat???
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-07-2005, 08:59 PM
originally posted by eraze ps it's a much nicer/safer place to bring up kids (no offence to londoners!)
I don't think any of us would argue about that with you at the moment. Joking aside something in you changes when you have a child. I really feel I can not protect my family in the environment we're living in at the moment. Jake has already passed the links on to us that you sent her so thanks for those! We are going to seriously look into this. I don't want Reuben going to school by tube each day in a few years time

Thanks again
Richard.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-07-2005, 10:51 PM
So J, Moli, Sarah & Richard (&Ruben) and Jake are moving to Wales.. great! More parties for me to go to

Seriously tho, even before recent events I never thought London was a good place to bring up kids, too much violance/drugs etc. It has it's plus points don't get me wrong and I love London, but I wouldn't want to live there again.

Moli you should consider it, and think, you'd only be half hour ish from Mags then! We used to live on the eastern outskirts of Newport, and were only 23 Mins (by car) to the centre of Bristol, 15 mins to the centre of Cardiff and about 8mins to the centre of Newport - yet the area was really nice. Not to mention Heathrow was only an hour and a half away up the m4 and also good location for the m50 > m5 birminigham etc.

There are cheaper houses for sale too a small 3 bed detached in a sought after area is prob around £170K ish and there's semis etc that will be cheaper..

If anyone finds a house they like on a website and want my opinion on the area just PM me I'll be happy to help

If anyones serious and want to look into it let me further PM me a price range you want to spend and I'll see if I can dig out some houses for u to look at
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 07:25 AM
There's plenty of houses for sale in Ebbw Vale most priced around the £75-£250,000 mark.

More and more people are letting properties in the area rather than selling them.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Seriously tho, even before recent events I never thought London was a good place to bring up kids, too much violance/drugs etc. It has it's plus points don't get me wrong and I love London, but I wouldn't want to live there again.

If anyones serious and want to look into it let me further PM me a price range you want to spend and I'll see if I can dig out some houses for u to look at
I am serious Azz...

But would rather start out renting a place.. What if I regret and want to go home again after a few months
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2005, 08:17 AM
You wouldn't believe what you could buy here for the equivalent of half a million GB pounds
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Well SB you have snakes, crocs, gators and spiders, so I'm to scared to move there
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
I am serious Azz...

But would rather start out renting a place.. What if I regret and want to go home again after a few months
Check out the peteralan.co.uk website (I think they do letting as well! ) and if u like any of the flats/houses let us know and we'll tell u what we think of the areas. Also, how will you manage work wise?

SB - when I have half a million I may well be tempted!
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »