View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Anyone know this part of Scotland then? Kirsty, where are you??? Forget the midges, where would all the customers come from????? Fantastic location though, very tempted!
http://www.rightbiz.co.uk/buy_busine...highlands.html

Looks much better on Google maps, but VERY remote I'd need a chopper to get to Sainsbury's!!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Anyone know this part of Scotland then? Kirsty, where are you??? Forget the midges, where would all the customers come from????? Fantastic location though, very tempted!

Looks much better on Google maps, but VERY remote I'd need a chopper to get to Sainsbury's!!!
I think Kirsty is in the Borders, this is Highlands so its much higher up (higher than where I am) I'm off to have my tea and will take a better look at it
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 05:37 PM
wait a minute, is this the Drovers Inn off the West Highland Way?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
wait a minute, is this the Drovers Inn off the West Highland Way?
if it is you'll get PLENTY business I'd think! off to eat...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Can't fathom it out Natalie, coz at the top it IS called the Drovers Inn, and yet under the picture it's called Altnacealgach Inn on the banks of the Loch Borralan and approximately 20 miles from the fishing resort of Ullapool. Know any of that then??

Just googled that Drover's in, but think that one will be into the millions Plus it's haunted and I don't do ghosts!!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Can't fathom it out Natalie, coz at the top it IS called the Drovers Inn, and yet under the picture it's called Altnacealgach Inn on the banks of the Loch Borralan and approximately 20 miles from the fishing resort of Ullapool. Know any of that then??

Just googled that Drover's in, but think that one will be into the millions Plus it's haunted and I don't do ghosts!!!
I've been up past Ullapool and it was a lovely place. Yes, that one does look worth quite a lot! Its pretty far up from where you are, the one your looking at. I'm thinking you would be mostly relying on walkers and fishing trips for your trade? (PS the dogs would love all those walks lol )

Edit; you know what winter is like round there? I knew someone round there, had their own little snow mobile lol

Some of the other stuff like Sea Kyaking (sp?) is run from Lochinver and they already have a well established place there for accomodation so I think it would be mainly fishing trips and walkers (hills and lochs) possibly some runner you would be having as customers, not that I am any expert mind!

Edit again; they serve food? so that must mean they do ok in a way....cant see much on the place online? Is it listed with anyone such as hotels for pets, AA etc etc? cos I found it somewhere as a Motel?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I've been up past Ullapool and it was a lovely place. Yes, that one does look worth quite a lot! Its pretty far up from where you are, the one your looking at. I'm thinking you would be mostly relying on walkers and fishing trips for your trade? (PS the dogs would love all those walks lol )

Edit; you know what winter is like round there? I knew someone round there, had their own little snow mobile lol

Some of the other stuff like Sea Kyaking (sp?) is run from Lochinver and they already have a well established place there for accomodation so I think it would be mainly fishing trips and walkers (hills and lochs) possibly some runner you would be having as customers, not that I am any expert mind!
Thanks for all that. There's a motel right next door, but nothing for miles when you google, it's very remote, just a big house here and there along that highway alongside the loch. This place has 8 acres of land with it, some of which is woodland, and the little road along the frontage takes you into some woodland, it looks gorgeous (although the cottage looks pretty c*ap, but Dave's a very good handyman!).

There's also some outbuildings which of course, would suit Dave for running his workshop from home (again though, if he gets any customers! Most of them would be on foot by the sounds of it lol!). I'd be in the bar pulling the pints lol! In our spare time then when the winter sets in, we'd be off on our snowmobiles then - I'd have Zena on the back of mine with her goggles on Oh lordy, talk about a complete change of lifestyle, but I'm up for anything as long as we can tick by. My friends would love to come and visit, it looks really beautiful that loch, and a nice place for Zena to cool off in the hot summer days (do you have any of those up there then??? )
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:44 PM

Edit again; they serve food? so that must mean they do ok in a way....cant see much on the place online? Is it listed with anyone such as hotels for pets, AA etc etc? cos I found it somewhere as a Motel?

I've e-mailed them and asked for some figures etc. I'll check out whether it's listed anywhere for good food. I don't think the motel next door is for sale with it somehow, not for £250K! If you google it takes the name of the place, then the loch and west Highlands, that's how we saw it better, coz you get a street view - can you believe they did a street view all the way up there in that wilderness
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:47 PM

Been doing a homecheck for GSD Rescue today and rescuing a straying border terrier H, sorry for not getting back sooner Anyhow, Ullapool is a really gorgeous area in the NW Highlands and is a real tourist hotspot - in summer and winter, so the business could definitely work. It might be a bit too remote for you though ? and will definitely be midgey at certain times of year. Hubby shepherded up there for a couple of lambings in his younger days and loved it.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all that. There's a motel right next door, but nothing for miles when you google, it's very remote, just a big house here and there along that highway alongside the loch. This place has 8 acres of land with it, some of which is woodland, and the little road along the frontage takes you into some woodland, it looks gorgeous (although the cottage looks pretty c*ap, but Dave's a very good handyman!).

There's also some outbuildings which of course, would suit Dave for running his workshop from home (again though, if he gets any customers! Most of them would be on foot by the sounds of it lol!). I'd be in the bar pulling the pints lol! In our spare time then when the winter sets in, we'd be off on our snowmobiles then - I'd have Zena on the back of mine with her goggles on Oh lordy, talk about a complete change of lifestyle, but I'm up for anything as long as we can tick by. My friends would love to come and visit, it looks really beautiful that loch, and a nice place for Zena to cool off in the hot summer days (do you have any of those up there then??? )
well, I dont know about that place but round here there are a few folk (I used to too but not now) go for a drive and go to places to eat somewhere nice and quiet, instead of the usual, maybe that is how they get on with the bar/restraunt too?

lol at you on your snow mobile and zena with her goggles, you could get all the best of snow gear on but no one will see it lol You could get Zena a Hurtta coat like loui though

Would you make an outhouse into a seperate annex type accomodation? or purely for Daves work?

As for summer days, I think we get a bit less than you and IME everytime I go to a loch in summer the shore's full of midges lol but yeh, its beautiful in places like that in summer!! (midges are worth putting up with! and nice anytime really)

it would be a huge change though!! even from Fife to there is a big change! some remote places that way do pony trekking for the kids but I havent looked at the place enough to say if thats something you could do? I think you need to have something up your sleeve though in case you get a poor summer income one year. As for a mechanic which I think Dave is? Having a mobile side to the business may be good especially in winter I would think, even here I have had to use that! So he can go out to folk in the 4x4.....
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »