View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Gorden has never allowed me to view till we have had an offer he knows what a strop I would be in if I found my ideal home and we had yet to get an offer.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
That's why Clive wouldn't go and view anything, and I have to admit that several I had my eye on have sold, so it's just aswell we didn't view and then feel mortified that we didn't get it.

Before we went on the market the properties around here were selling like hot cakes, now it seems dead.

Funnily enough we were contacted today by a company that buys your house off you...we've nothing to lose so have booked a valuation, ok they may try to get it for a knock down price, we can just say no, but unless we try them we just won't know www.move-makers.co.uk for anyone that may be interested
They'll be ringing me up in a few weeks' time, they did last time we were on the market and withdrew from it. Same as when you place a car ad, sure enough, some company or other phones you up a few weeks later, hoping you're desperate enough to take a few quid for it.

I did contact one of these firms when we couldn't sell mum's flat in Mallorca and the money they offered her was a joke to be honest, so if they do come round Sheree, at least they'll give you a good laugh when they come up with the offer, so prepare yourself, coz it won't be a good one!

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, but thankfully neither you or I are there yet, we'll just have to ride it out for another couple of years methinks. If we DO have to sit it out, I'm going to sell when prices rise like they did before and rent until they come back down to today's, it makes sense doesn't it, then we can buy two!

Well, 12 noon tomorrow then, let's see if she likes it enough to buy it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Good luck for tomorrow. Everything crossed.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Nothing to report I'm afraid, coz although I spent the whole morning getting the place pristine, I then get a phone call at 11.30 from the agents to tell me the woman has now cancelled as she's decided on another area Jeeeeze! Oh well, at least we have a lovely clean house for the week-end, although I'll be out tomorrow at the van leaving Dave at home with the dogs and it doesn't take them long to wreck it all between them!

I'm getting fed up with this now.....
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Sold ours within 3 days and 3 weeks later it fell through. Took 11 months to get another sale when we were just about to give up.

Deep breaths, sit back and try to forget it's on the market until viewings come through. Very stressful time because much as you try not to think about it, it really does get to you.

Good luck and hope you get that elusive buyer soon
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7