Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Any updates H?
Sadly not with those first people Jane They came down to collect the copy of the plans, and went off again never to be heard of again.....maybe they're discussing it with their architect or somthing though you never know.

Got and Australian lady coming Friday at noon so finger's crossed. The agents said it's gone very quiet in their office, too many properties now and not enough of those buyers! Blimey, we can't even afford the Tesco shop at the moment can we no wonder we can't afford to buy somewhere to live eh?!

Another week and we'll have lost that "impact" factor won't we, so they can forget about a nice clean house to view after that, it's all too much like hard work with 2 big dogs wreaking havoc in here and it's all got a bit repetitive with my morning ritual, I'll be getting that OCD soon!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2011, 06:48 AM
I don't envy you H, every time I think about moving, I stop and think about a pile of strangers trooping around the house and soon come to my senses
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Oh don't lose heart H, as soon as those people have viewed the plans they will be knocking your door down
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sadly not with those first people Jane They came down to collect the copy of the plans, and went off again never to be heard of again.....maybe they're discussing it with their architect or somthing though you never know.

Got and Australian lady coming Friday at noon so finger's crossed. The agents said it's gone very quiet in their office, too many properties now and not enough of those buyers! Blimey, we can't even afford the Tesco shop at the moment can we no wonder we can't afford to buy somewhere to live eh?!

Another week and we'll have lost that "impact" factor won't we, so they can forget about a nice clean house to view after that, it's all too much like hard work with 2 big dogs wreaking havoc in here and it's all got a bit repetitive with my morning ritual, I'll be getting that OCD soon!!!
I know just how you feel H...we had a couple that had all their furniture fitted into each room, they were going to turn downstairs into an annex for their teenage son...then we heard nothing...just a few weeks after it had been valued the estate agents wanted us to drop the price, (which we did by £15k), as that would have people running to our doors...it didn't, one week later they wanted more money to do a floor plan as they thought that would help sell it...thats when we told them to shove it

We're planning on going back on the market in the autumn, maybe things will have settled by then and people won't be scared to move up.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I don't envy you H, every time I think about moving, I stop and think about a pile of strangers trooping around the house and soon come to my senses
If only though I remember last time when we had it up for sale before going up into the loftspace, we had loads of viewings, almost sold it once, but then decided to keep it and extend it. Now those days have gone I think, coz I just rang the agents and they said it's not just us, they're all sitting their twiddling their thumbs in the office it's sooooo quiet. I told her I was beginning to get a complex lol!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh don't lose heart H, as soon as those people have viewed the plans they will be knocking your door down
Thanks Jen, yes, they just said they've heard nothing so I said no news is good news in my book, much better than telling me it's a c*ap house or it's overpriced lol!

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I know just how you feel H...we had a couple that had all their furniture fitted into each room, they were going to turn downstairs into an annex for their teenage son...then we heard nothing...just a few weeks after it had been valued the estate agents wanted us to drop the price, (which we did by £15k), as that would have people running to our doors...it didn't, one week later they wanted more money to do a floor plan as they thought that would help sell it...thats when we told them to shove it

We're planning on going back on the market in the autumn, maybe things will have settled by then and people won't be scared to move up.
Well I don't want any of that Sheree! We'll probably be doing the same, although of course, they've got it for 16 weeks so we might as well go with that. If we had an open day like you had, I'd be sitting her on my own I think as nobody wants it Where have all those buyers gone then who were so desperate only 3 months ago!

We're not bothered though, just like you aren't, it would be nice to move, but it's not imperative thank goodness. I did hear from Kirsty and whathisname on Loosewomen yesterday that they reckon it's going to be this dire for another 2 years before things start moving again. Another 2 years of that pub then!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Just seen this H. Your house looks really lovely, and I am sure the right buyer will turn up before long. I quite enjoy moving too Hubby's dad has just sold a derelict barn with planning permission for a very good price, so obviously there are still some buyers (and money!) in the North of England. Hopefully you will have some luck soon, but at least you can enjoy living in your lovely surroundings for a while longer
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 10:29 AM
What a shame H but there may still be hope with them, maybe they are mean and are trying to make you sweat it out

When Dave and I moved into our flat we were first time buyers moving into an empty flat so it was fairly straight forward. Then Max arrived so we moved to a house, we were so lucky as the first (and only viewers) put a reasonable offer in so we grabbed it. Our block of flats were in a really nice, quiet setting and ideal first time or retirement propertys so most sold quite quickly. The house we have now though wouldn't I don't think. I'd love to move somewhere with more land but the whole moving process puts me off. Having to be neat and tidy all the time on the off change someone needs to view immediately, people making silly offers etc.

A friend of mine was moving just after their twins were born, things were a bit hectic to say the least so when she had an urgent viewing she shoved loads of stuff into the big storage cupboard. The viewers opened the cupboard and all of her stuff spilled out everywhere, she was so embarrassed

It's strange because there had been a slight pick up in the housing market. Part of me wonders if the situation in Greece has any bearing on it as the media keep going on about the knock on effects for us - bloomin' Greeks (says the half Greek)!

Good luck with your Australian lady tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry they haven't come back yet after taking the plans away. You never know they may be looking into planning permision again making sure everything is ok to go ahead if they decide to buy and maybe altering the plans a bit lets hope.

I think its the same for everybody with regards to selling although I must say several houses this way which would not be cheap have sold and not taken so long as I thought they might. Except the one round the corner to us not a good view overpriced and still up for sale. I think its a lottery at the moment.

In some ways I am glad Gorden being made redundant and having to get his business under way and needing proof of earnings over the next two years has happened because otherwise we would be in the same boat on the market and no offers I am sure. I don't do well with that I want it now and I would of had my eye on houses and be getting extremely annoyed. We don't mind being here another 2+ years so thats a bonus.

Chin up and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Lol at that friend of yours there Jane with her cupboard full of stuff!!! I used to put the dog beds in the shed, but they're too big and heavy this time around, so one gets put on top of the other under the stairs, they can take it or leave it!!!

When I was looking around 3 months ago when there were a lot of buyers but not much property, I found it was either property developer's houses up for sale (you can always tell, all newly refurbed, not lived in, always so clean) and then there were the ones where people had died which had to be sold of course. There were none that I came across which were just normal, lived in houses so to speak. What I think has happened here is, people have noticed that things started moving so they all jumped on the bandwagon to get rid, bit like we have, and now the market is swamped, but the buyers that were, have already bought. Then again, if people DO sell theirs in this dire market, then of course, they will have to buy won't they, but it just makes it a slow old process, without those first time buyers due to the banks witholding all their cash for mortgages.

Three months ago, there was nothing for sale in this village and now there are loads, typical! The one across the road from me sold cheaply and they hadn't been there long and they sold for less than they paid, so maybe they wanted out quickly, whereas the one next door to theirs, a flint cottage, semi, where they've spent loadsamoney over the past year, they're up for £300K half the size of ours, with no parking, but according to my agent, it's overpriced and they've only had one person through the door!

Those people who took the plans have been looking for ages apparently coz they are on the waiting list at my agents, so to have ticked 9 out of 10 of their boxes, gives me a bit of hope that they're contacting the council to see if they can give them an idea if pp would be granted for them to come out the side. It's big enough out there, there's a workshop 16 x 12 there with another 8feet to walk past it down to the front, so plenty of room for what they want, IF they're allowed of course.

I've cancelled all my viewings now in East Sussex and Kent because Dave said I could well fall in love with a place and be unable to make an offer and I don't want to be in that boat!

It's only been a week today, and he said he's answered loads of e-mail enquiries through RightMove from people way outside this area, so you just never know some of those might be taking a trip down here over the week-end to suss us out! I'm an optimist ya know!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Lol at that friend of yours there Jane with her cupboard full of stuff!!! I used to put the dog beds in the shed, but they're too big and heavy this time around, so one gets put on top of the other under the stairs, they can take it or leave it!!!

When I was looking around 3 months ago when there were a lot of buyers but not much property, I found it was either property developer's houses up for sale (you can always tell, all newly refurbed, not lived in, always so clean) and then there were the ones where people had died which had to be sold of course. There were none that I came across which were just normal, lived in houses so to speak. What I think has happened here is, people have noticed that things started moving so they all jumped on the bandwagon to get rid, bit like we have, and now the market is swamped, but the buyers that were, have already bought. Then again, if people DO sell theirs in this dire market, then of course, they will have to buy won't they, but it just makes it a slow old process, without those first time buyers due to the banks witholding all their cash for mortgages.

Three months ago, there was nothing for sale in this village and now there are loads, typical! The one across the road from me sold cheaply and they hadn't been there long and they sold for less than they paid, so maybe they wanted out quickly, whereas the one next door to theirs, a flint cottage, semi, where they've spent loadsamoney over the past year, they're up for £300K half the size of ours, with no parking, but according to my agent, it's overpriced and they've only had one person through the door!

Those people who took the plans have been looking for ages apparently coz they are on the waiting list at my agents, so to have ticked 9 out of 10 of their boxes, gives me a bit of hope that they're contacting the council to see if they can give them an idea if pp would be granted for them to come out the side. It's big enough out there, there's a workshop 16 x 12 there with another 8feet to walk past it down to the front, so plenty of room for what they want, IF they're allowed of course.

I've cancelled all my viewings now in East Sussex and Kent because Dave said I could well fall in love with a place and be unable to make an offer and I don't want to be in that boat!
It's only been a week today, and he said he's answered loads of e-mail enquiries through RightMove from people way outside this area, so you just never know some of those might be taking a trip down here over the week-end to suss us out! I'm an optimist ya know!
That's why Clive wouldn't go and view anything, and I have to admit that several I had my eye on have sold, so it's just aswell we didn't view and then feel mortified that we didn't get it.

Before we went on the market the properties around here were selling like hot cakes, now it seems dead.

Funnily enough we were contacted today by a company that buys your house off you...we've nothing to lose so have booked a valuation, ok they may try to get it for a knock down price, we can just say no, but unless we try them we just won't know

www.move-makers.co.uk for anyone that may be interested
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >