View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Gorgeous house. I'm sure you won't have too much trouble selling it, even in today's market. I love moving too, but think this time, unless we come back to the UK our moving is done with... we downsized and boy did I regret it initially but have learned to live with it now and of course we are in an entirely different world now so it's not comparable to anything else. Good luck with the house hunting. Gillx
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh I know all about that one Ian when we last had it up for sale before we decided to go upstairs. Some people even make a hobby out of it don't they, a fun day out, viewing other people's houses (bit like us last Saturday!), so I've made a point of stating we only want people who are on the market or have actually sold theirs, that'll weedle out the nosey parkers in the village who just want to see what it's like inside!

We love the IOW, would move there tomorrow, but sadly, the ferry costs wouldn't warrant it for Dave getting to work, but then again, if he's staying in the workshop 3 days a week, hmmmmm, now don't get me started, I haven't exhausted all of the south east yet! Thanks Ian, it's definitely got street appeal hasn't it and we sure won't be giving it away that's for sure, we'll just pull it off.
I must admit i still do miss the early morning walks on the beach especially during the summer down at the Yaverland, Sandown which was only a stone throw from our house.
I always look at the house prices now on the IOW and they are still very reasonable but its as you say the cost of the ferry....Cheers..Ian.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
but think this time, unless we come back to the UK our moving is done with... we downsized and boy did I regret it initially but have learned to live with it now and of course we are in an entirely different world now so it's not comparable to anything else.
Pretty much the same situation for us, 'tho I want to have a UK address so currently looking at various options. We upsized but the plans I had didn't work out 'cos no one around CZ knows anything about rennovation.

Helena, I'm so glad you've got it on the market at last, even in todays market people are always going to want or need to move (Job, retirement, familly etc.) so IMO don't start at too low a figure, you can always come down but you can't go up (The word gazumping will soon disappear from the dictionary )
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Helena it looks lovely, fingers crossed for you.
Thanks Heather, it does look nice when it's all clean (which is quite rare in this house and quite hard to keep it this way when it rains!)

Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Gorgeous house. I'm sure you won't have too much trouble selling it, even in today's market. I love moving too, but think this time, unless we come back to the UK our moving is done with... we downsized and boy did I regret it initially but have learned to live with it now and of course we are in an entirely different world now so it's not comparable to anything else. Good luck with the house hunting. Gillx
Well you can't complain Gill, I'd love to move over there or even France but Dave's gone off that idea what with the cost of his travels and he would never learn another language, he wouldn't even order dos San Miguel's at the bar last time we were over there lol! My mum lived in Mallorca for 20 years, so I know what the Spanish way of life is, very much to my liking!!!

Originally Posted by IanIOW View Post
I must admit i still do miss the early morning walks on the beach especially during the summer down at the Yaverland, Sandown which was only a stone throw from our house.
I always look at the house prices now on the IOW and they are still very reasonable but its as you say the cost of the ferry....Cheers..Ian.
Oh Sandown and Shanklin, my absolute favourites! You must have been made to move over here, but you obviously had your reasons I'm sure. Lovely places, gorgeous beaches, I sat and ate my ice cream on the wall there in the afternoons! I was hoping they would drive straight down to the agents, but as I ran to the front window to watch their departure, they drove off in the other direction - that's not good is it!!!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Pretty much the same situation for us, 'tho I want to have a UK address so currently looking at various options. We upsized but the plans I had didn't work out 'cos no one around CZ knows anything about rennovation.

Helena, I'm so glad you've got it on the market at last, even in todays market people are always going to want or need to move (Job, retirement, familly etc.) so IMO don't start at too low a figure, you can always come down but you can't go up (The word gazumping will soon disappear from the dictionary )
That's what I thought H, if we put it up at the £325 they wanted me to, then we'd end up with £305 or something and that's not going to happen! Everybody loves a bargain, they love to barter, so I think this price gives them leeway to do just that - whether we take their offer or not is another story!

I've just found a little bungalow, detatched, 3 beds, garden, in a quiet un made up road (Dave's poor car!!!) on a corner and it's only £192K!!!! Dave said "that's gonna be sh*te" but I'm going to look at it on Saturday coz it's only 10 mins away from that van on Beauport!

Good luck with your venture H, I'm still game for any ideas, plus I might even be living nearer!

The only interest I've had so far, is this couple who drove up the side road in a big posh Merc, and stopped on their way back down nosing up at me in the bedroom as I opened the blinds up there (how very dare they disturb my nanny nap lol!)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Do you really have to sell? It's lovely. Don't give it away. Hope the viewing on Saturday goes well.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Lovely house. I always thought your neighbours house was your house though. The Tudor look one xxxxxx Good luck and I hope your wishes come true for a quick sale and an equally lovely house wherever you chose to move too xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:53 PM
No we don't Lucky, and we certainly won't give it away either. It's just that I'm getting old and a bit frightened about the state of the economy and all our hard earned life savings are tied up in this house, so much of it, I'd feel a lot happier with having a lot less invested in a property at the moment and more in the bank, don't ask me why, it could be the totally wrong decision, but I feel it in me water!

Dave is 10 years younger than me, I haven't got long left when I look ahead, and there's nobody to leave it to, I feel I want to enjoy some of what I've worked so darned hard for all of my life. Call it a bit of security having a stash of cash in the bank, we would invest it wisely and it'll always be there if Dave ever needs to shove me in a home or I need a major op or something. Dire way of thinking I know but you never know what's around that corner, and we really don't need all of this to enjoy our lives, I'm always out with the dogs, Dave works a 12 hour Day, I don't use the house like I did when mum was here or when it was much smaller, it's such a waste, and quite honestly, I could even live in my little holiday caravan nowadays, I'm easily pleased and so is Dave, as long as he has his own space, space for his car, his workshop, garage and his own shower is a must (coz he says I'm messy in the bathroom lol! who moi???!!! ).

Had another lady stopping outside and looking up at me when I was doing my hair and then she drove round the back too up the road, but she was in a Smart car not a Merc this time lol! Methinks the price has come down already then??!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Lovely house. I always thought your neighbours house was your house though. The Tudor look one xxxxxx Good luck and I hope your wishes come true for a quick sale and an equally lovely house wherever you chose to move too xxxx
Blooming 'eck werewolf, that's the restaurant across the road That'd set you back a couple of million!!!! That's what they sold it for a few years ago when it was all done up and turned into a restaurant. Personally, I'd like to place a bomb under it!!!!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:59 PM
OMG I LOVE you house!!!!! WOWEEEEEEE!!!!

I hope it sells soon.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 08:32 PM
What a beautiful house!! You should have absolutly no problem selling it, best of luck x
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »