Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Whereabouts are you Brierley. Nice to know you are happy with your "lot" I am not sure my dream to move to the Highlands will ever happen and, if not, then I am pretty content where I am and with my life - so am very lucky.

I wish we got less now though!!!
Little village, 7 miles out of Skegness.

Beach 5 minutes walk away and countryside all around so best of both worlds. It's quiet (estate agents tend to call it the 'waiting for God' village), but we love it. Been here four and a half years, but planned the move here for about 10 years before that. It came a little earlier than we expected, but I'm so glad it did
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
I love it here so I wouldn't want to move. We are far enough out to feel isolated but close enough (10 miles) to a city to get all that side of things.

We have spent the afternoon in the garden and haven't heard a car, or even had a walker go past. We had our tea out in the garden and all we could here were the lambs bleating and the birds singing.

The one thing I would like is a bit more land but I can't complain about what we have got.

Helen
ok, I want to change my mind and move somewhere like you have , that sounds like a little piece of heaven on earth
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm rather odd, I want to move back to Northern Saskatchewan. yes winters are cold, but the people are very friendly, and the land is stunning... besides, my roots are there, and I feel at home... other than that, i'd move south and west, to the foothills of southern Alberta... it's absolutely gorgeous, and even though it's so close to the mountains, it's still prairie grassland, and just amazing. it's also a tad warmer than here, though the wind is a constant force.

You wouldn't see me on Vancouver Island, too many ignorant tourists, and too many people altogether, though it's gorgeous and the weather is very mild. My aunt and Uncle life there, and I've got to visit a few times, though it rained the entire time I was there on the first trip.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Wildernesse for me I think!

Other than that Alberta, Canada!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 05:24 AM
I think I would be off to Austrailia to live near lot of my family out there. If i had to stay in this country then I would like to live in a very rural area of Devon, Wales or Yorkshire.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 05:52 AM
For me Northumberland, there are some beautiful villages set in countryside and about 5 mins from the beach, its the county that everyone forgets
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 07:13 AM
for us it would have to be cumbria....not in the touristy bit. anywhere along the coast would be good. have stayed in a small village called Baggrow which has nothing but a pub but is not far from towns/larger villages with shops etc.....
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 07:39 AM
I would go back to Devon, somewhere quiet but not too remote, or would love to have a longboat n live on the river.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Always wanted to move from Edinburgh to South west Scotland . Moved 9 months ago and have the beach 5 mins away and th countryside all around . Love it
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Mid Wales!

I have been looking at houses all over the country as we are trying to move, I looked at a pretty perfect house in Cumbria and thought I would really like it as I was born in Cumbria, but it just didn't appeal to me, it was so barren.

I love the forests and green hills in Mid Wales, South Wales and North Wales just aren't the same.

If the houses weren't so ridiculously expensive I would love to stay in Shropshire though, as it a beautiful county.
I have never been to mid Wales - must try to at some point. In fact the only place in Wales I have really spent any time is North Wales (Snowdonia) and whilst it was lovely, Scottish countryside beats it every time for me.

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Well, well away from this country!

The Gulf Coast in Florida would be my first choice, followed by Vancouver Island in British Columbia.
Haha - the first person to say unequivocally that they want to live abroad Florida would just be waaaaaay too hot for me.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »