Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I can attest to this....... I've taken my shoes off, put my feet up on the sofa, scoffed scrummy lunches - nice place to visit....
Thank you hon xx
You're more than welcome, any time *hugs*
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Anytime Pidgey!

I bet it is..I am jealous
No need to be jealous - whenever you're in this neck of the woods, you can visit too
Of course, Missy will expect you stroke her and maybe throw a ball or play tuggy
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
No never, with the constant dog hairs in the summer and mud bought in from the dogs in the winter I see little point, they would go home messier than they arrived
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Nope never, but then I've always had easy to clean floors!
Becky
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 08:52 AM
eerr no, I have a dog and a 2 yr old, and a husband to get the carpet dirty...

Actually if anyone did take their shoes off I think I would be a bit mortified with how dirty their socks would end up being !! LOL

I walk around without shoes and socks on as I have feet like an aborigine according to hubby, so I dont care.

However my best mate asks people to take their shoes off, but we at her house yesterday for a party and luckily she didnt ask every guest to remove their shoes so she isnt too anal about it !!

Each to their own I suppose, but I really think that having a dog around and then asking people to remove their shoes is taking the p*** a bit !! LOL
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:08 AM
[quote=Brundog;1679629]

Actually if anyone did take their shoes off I think I would be a bit mortified with how dirty their socks would end up being !! LOL

/quote]

I must admit, when I visit this person's house I make sure I'm wearing socks. What if you had a verrucca? What if they had one?
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
No point in our house, we have four large dogs who, especially in the summer, have near consant access to the garden. We do have all hard flooring downstairs though so it is very easy to clean.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Daft question really.

Do you ask visitors to your home to take their shoes off before coming in?

I never have, nor have I been asked to until recently. I would automatically if they were muddy but being asked for the first time ever made me wonder how many others ask that visitors remove their footwear.
Lucky - In most of Europe (Definately the Eastern part) it's mandatory to remove shoes (Clean or dirty) before entering, and every house has at least six pairs of 'visitors' slippers (adult, kids, womens etc.) ready by the front door for visitors to put on and keep their feet warm.

That's why when we visit relatives around here i always wear a pair of 'slip ons' to make the 'ceremony' at the door quicker and easier
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Lucky - In most of Europe (Definately the Eastern part) it's mandatory to remove shoes (Clean or dirty) before entering, and every house has at least six pairs of 'visitors' slippers (adult, kids, womens etc.) ready by the front door for visitors to put on and keep their feet warm.

That's why when we visit relatives around here i always wear a pair of 'slip ons' to make the 'ceremony' at the door quicker and easier
That's interesting, Losos! That's what Helen said she does too - the slippers. I must admit, I wasn't impressed when my new rug was made filthy by dirty shoes. I ended up rolling it up.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >