Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 08:23 PM

I'm Trying To Build A Website

I'm daft when it comes to computers, I can use them but not to their full potential

I need to set up a website for my new business enterprise, my brother pointed me to streamline.net as I can design my own website and have the basket thing so that people can buy online. Sounds easy enough doesn't it?

I've been on there, have got the name I wanted for the company, have given them my bank details and taken advantage of the 3 month free trial. Then I'm stumped, when I try to log in to set up the website it tells me that my username or password are incorrect but I know that they are not. They only took my bank details this evening...but the fact that I'm using the free trial would, I thought, mean I can get on and get started immediately.

Am I missing something or am I being really dense?

I just wondered if anyone else has used this site or something similar...my brother offered to help if I get stuck but I don't know if he has enough knowledge to help me out with this one.

Any tips would be gratefully received
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 12:31 PM
willl pm you now

x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Sheree it's frustrating aint it I'm no computer whizz kid either (and I'm sure not a kid as I'm xxxx today )

Anyway, I would first suggest you see if they've got a phone number so you can ring them on Monday.

Second they may be offering a 3 month free trial but what they really want is your money so my (cynical) guess would be that they do need to check out your bank for credit status.

In the mean time is there anything else you can do, like think about how the merchandise will be laid out on the page (even if you can't actually do that right now)

I always find these internet sites always assume too much on the part of their customers, they should explain things better IMHO