Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-11-2007, 07:18 PM

What Do You Stuff Your Kong With

Hi,

Just thought I'd ask the above question, basically to get some tips on what works best.

I used to fill my boy's with pieces of kibble, but these were soon removed! Then I tried pieces of cheese which also where extracted in no time.

Somebody then told me to fill it with peanut butter, but it almost takes half a jar. Surely that much peanut butter in one sitting cannot be good?

I now pack it with a bit of 'Natures Menu' pouch food. This seems to keep him busy for a while.

Has anybody got any better tips please? Ta
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 07:19 PM
I put a dentastick in the microwave for 10 seconds, it becomes bendy and HOT! Stuff it in and put it so it cant fall out, then stick it in the freezer to cool, they cant get them out!! Tis great!
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Usually bits of kibble, cucumber in wee squares, carrot, apple, peanut butter, wet dog food then freeze it but not all this at the one time lol i actually bought the can of kong stuff'n liver paste but harvey doesn't like it money wasted again.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I fill ours with chunks of raw meat and Tesco's value peanut butter then we put them in the freezer the night before.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I stuff it full with grated cheese, then I put it in microwave for just a few secs so it melts a bit and all fills out the kong, then leave it to cool and then freeze it.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I bend a tripe stick so that it forms a v shape and wedge it pointed end in first with the feet jammed in the inside rim. It can entertain them all day long. You have to be quite selective with the tripe stick though as not all of the blighters will bend.
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-11-2007, 10:10 PM
raw meat cheese , peanutbutter
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm going to squeeze Breagh and Fingal up really really really small, pop one in each end and have a game of fetch with Skye !
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 12:01 AM
I use everything!
I start by blocking the little hole with a small piece of biscuit (usually the end of a gravy bone), I then put a layer of biscuits, some sardines/meat, some more biscuits in the grooves, then fill the top with peanut butter, and a couple of biscuits sticking out, then freeze it over night.

Check the Kong website for some recipies and stuffing ideas!
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-12-2007, 01:05 AM
yummy i might have a go at that myself
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >