Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Build your own PC!

build your own PC, the only tool you'll need is a philips screwdriver. add another hard disc, fit more memory, fit a better graphics card, it's easy-peasy.

this is just to let you see it aint rocket science!!
this pic shows the heat-sink that keeps the CPU cool, that#s the copper finned bit upper left. the white horizontal slots lower left, are for add-ons like more USB ports, card readers,etc.

this pic shows the cooling fans to keep the CPU cool, you must have air movement or you'll fry the CPU.

this is the finished job. not bad eh, dvd, dvd writer etc. the grille with 3 darker circles in it has three small fans blowing air into the hard discs to keep them cool, (i've got two hard discs in this tower).

have a go yourself, it's easy, and you'll save a bob or two. ]
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Yes easy for you maybe!! Interesting to see that. I suppose it is the fan going round that makes the noise is it?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
Yes easy for you maybe!! Interesting to see that. I suppose it is the fan going round that makes the noise is it?
ah, if your fans noisy, you can get a little adjuster to slow it down, you fit it at the back of the tower, just turn the small knob to slow the speed down, it reduces the noise so you can hardly hear it.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Interesting. Last weekend we had to have a new hardrive put in our computer and was amazed how simple it was to do. Probably saved a fortune in repair fees. A month before that we had to have a new PSU fitted, so we practically have a new computer now. Under instructions down the phone from my brother inlaw we took of the side of the computer. I must say it was a little scary at first seeing all those wires, but have come to know the inside of a computer quite well, and feel quite confident now.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
Interesting. Last weekend we had to have a new hardrive put in our computer and was amazed how simple it was to do. Probably saved a fortune in repair fees. A month before that we had to have a new PSU fitted, so we practically have a new computer now. Under instructions down the phone from my brother inlaw we took of the side of the computer. I must say it was a little scary at first seeing all those wires, but have come to know the inside of a computer quite well, and feel quite confident now.
there you go !! easy aint it !!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
there you go !! easy aint it !!
Yes must say we were very pleased with ourselves, and I am not half so frightened of computers as I used to be.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:53 AM
It is easy, the only reason I bought my current pc is I needed it quick and I am lazy. I am forever adding memory, new cards and both my pcs and friends as I cant stand to see people ripped off and the prices pc world and other places charge are sky high.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:58 AM
the pics look intimidating, but there's nothing in there to give you an electric shock, the highest votage is 12v, the only thing that could get shocked are some of the components, if there's static electricity on your hands, wear an anti-static bracelet or touch something with your bare hand to discharge any static in your body, you'll be EXCSTATIC !! heh, heh.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
It is easy, the only reason I bought my current pc is I needed it quick and I am lazy. I am forever adding memory, new cards and both my pcs and friends as I cant stand to see people ripped off and the prices pc world and other places charge are sky high.
i think they charge £35 an hour, RIP OFF.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2007, 12:01 PM
As Nero said some heatsinks come with this feature attached........but then if your motherboard has got the feature it can control the fan speed for you so when you put it under load it will speed up and when not doing anything slows it down again.

If you really want a quite system you want to go water cooled my OH made one for himself awhile back. The most noise came from the DVD/ DVDRW drives when he put a disk in if you didn't look at the power lights on the front you wouldn't know it was on it was that quite.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >