Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2006, 09:21 PM

Maybe time for a move?

Well........ we (as a family) have lived in this house for just over 11 years now..and in the years the family has downsized (naturally, my elder siblings moving out etc)..and despite the love of the house and garden, and some of the great neighbours, and the versitillity of how the house is on the border of surburban/rural coventry...it just seems to be changing for the bad.
We live in a once quiet cul-de-sac, everyone knew each other inside out, knowone locked their doors, everyone used to sit out on the fronts of their houses on their lawn chairs etc..it was a community, and what now?
A big iron fence running all the way around the cul-de-sac, neighbours who don't even (in many cases) speak to each other let alone know each other, people don't even let their cats out anymore, doors are locked, fences and gates put around the driveways, petty signs stating private property put up everywhere..and basically its just no fun here anymore.
The area is getting well..rough! Theres lots of crime about, yob culture etc..and it really is getting quite bad now.
So maybe its time for a move.........what do y'all think?
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Don't move near me Luke, it's just as bad!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Luke-So you wanna live where crime dont exist,people dont lock their doors and where you know your neighbours as well as your own face..?

2 options.......

a)A soap opera from decades ago

b)The moon

I think everyone has similar things going on in their community to a certain degree Luke,but times are changing and we're not living in the past anymore so taking reasonable security steps is crucial.

Only you (or your family!) can make the descion whether to move or not.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I think its the signs of decline going on in society. I have noticed changes for the worse in the area where I live too.

Go with you heart. Maybe it would be nice to move to a new house/new area.

Good Luck xxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Aww you can move near me Luke if you want - it's okay round here and loads of fields for your doggies There's one for sale next door but one but they want £415,000 for it I think
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2006, 02:43 AM
Same here luke
we pay good money for a nice house only to have nob head neighbours move in and reck the street. its ok cos they've packed off to spain now

good riddance to bad rubbish i say!

We are moving on in the summer- maybe its time for a change?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2006, 07:06 AM
My own experience is this. We had the same bother with my immediate next door neighbours. The wife left and the husband was left with two young boys. The eldest was no bother, but the youngest was the devil incarnate. He was twelve when mum left, and is now 25 (although he still acts like a teenager), and is finally coming to the end of his "little git" stage.
Personally, Luke, I wouldn't move from a house I loved - why should you? You obviously love it, and the area you live in. Nothing would make me move from my lovely house, especially not moronic twonks who will, eventually, grow up.......
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Don't move!
I don't wanna be left all alone in Coventry.....
Or if you do move, can i come with you, please?
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Neighbours are the luck of the draw Luke, you get good uns and bad uns wherever you live.
I'm lucky having lived in rural villages most of my life and things haven't really changed. Community is still strong, low crime rates etc....only problem is you have to pay an arm and a leg to live here But i definitely reckon its worth it
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Het
Neighbours are the luck of the draw Luke, you get good uns and bad uns wherever you live.
So true! And it only takes one cr4ppy family to spoil things for everybody. If you feel like moving, do it for what you'll be moving to and not for what you can leave behind.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >