Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Sorry I've been AWOL !

To all the nice folk on this board I have to apologise for going AWOL recently.

On Tue. 18th I went to the Doc with a swollen and painful left knee, I thought it might be gout again but she sent me down to A&E to have a couple of blood tests and a sample of fluid taken from the knee.

I was expecting to go home after that but the two young lady doctors said "Oh no you're not going anywhere" and proceeded to book me into one of the wards and for various reasons I didn't escape from there until Sunday 23rd.

Turns out I had Septicemia (Otherwise known as blood poisoning) apparently there are many forms of the infective agent, and mine was one of the nastier types

Well the good news is that I seem to be over it but I just can't seem to get my energy back, I'm listless, don't have much appetite, and generally feel 'run down' haven't even felt like joining in the 'daily chat' on here.

So to all of you, in the words of Arnie "I will be back" but I don't know when, it might be a week or two before I'm really back to 'normal' (Whatever that is )

Sending best wishes to everyone and the four legged ones as well, OH said Casey and Rianna were missing me, not sure about that but they are both fine. Bye for now, hope to be back soon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Oh Harvey (((Hugs))), i am so very very sorry you have been so ill take it slow and steady and hopefully you will be back to full strength soon
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Oh poor you. Get well soon. Do any of us know what normal is.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Aw Harvey, any idea how your knee managed to do that to you. So very glad you survived the ministrations of the NHS and you're back with us. Was only wondering the other night where you were, hoping to hear from you very soon. Stuff that we would have got over pretty quickly once upon a time now seems to take ages to disappear and for us to feel ourselves again,won't say normal,because who knows
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Great to have you back HARVEY
Sorry you've been poorly but thank goodness you are on the mend.Energy levels will come back no doubt,just need to get plenty of rest and TLC for now
I'm sure the Doglets were glad to see you home Big get well (( hugs)) on the way,take care xxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Oh Harvey so sorry to hear that you have been so poorly. I wonder how that happened then.
I'm sure your energy levels will soon return. You just take care of yourself.
If you need your own private nurse to tend to you just shout
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Sorry to hear you have not been well. Hope you will soon be back to "normal" in a very short time. It seems to be the norm go into hospital and come out with no appetite. It has taken Barry over a week this time to feel anything like eating a near normal meal. He was only just back to a normal meal routine (9 weeks from discharge the second time) then he went in for his op You will get there it just seems to take longer as we get older.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Hello Harvey so sorry you have been so unwell.
Good to hear they have diagnosed and sorted the problem and you are back home with the OH and the dogs. Who I am sure were glad to have you back.
Hoping the energy and the appetite return soon and you feel better soon.
X
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Good to see you back Harvey
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Sorry to hear of your bout of septicemia, nasty thing that. Hopefully all this is now behind you and that your health and vigour and especially appetite will return forthwith. Wondered where you'd got to.
Best wishes Harvey to you and yours - from me and mine!
Bye fer now. G.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >