Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 08:38 PM

Protect Your Bubble?

Anyone else tried this insurer? My Dad enquired about them last year and I went over their policies just to be sure he wasn't letting himself into anything dodgy. It all seemed pretty good at the time and he's now got Rossi insured with them. Now Oscar's insurance is due for renewal I'm thinking of giving them a try (standard policy).

Anyone had any experiences with them?
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 10:06 PM
All my lot are insured with them. They are underwritten by Agria International Forsakring AB, who underwrite the Kennel Club. My policy is £7500 per condition, not a lifetime policy, but the best for the needs of my dogs and pretty good on my bank balance, £12/15 per dog.
I have yet to claim but I have no reason to think they wont pay up.

It sure is a minefield out there, this insurance thing.......
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 01:50 AM
My parents are just about to put a claim in for Rossi's mouth so we'll see how it goes!

Thanks for your input.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
My parents are just about to put a claim in for Rossi's mouth so we'll see how it goes!

Thanks for your input.
I would be very interested on how it goes. Please let me know if they are an OK company.

Sorry about Rossi's mouth though, hope it isn't too serious.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:46 AM
No nothing too serious, just a fungal infection similar to lip fold dermatitis I think. Was only £130 but worth claiming for all the same! I'll let you know the outcome.
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I have Sika insured with them. I looked around at lots of companies, they are one of the few that will cover dogs once they are past 7, it's just the excess % goes up each year then. They give a decent amount per illness too. It's really difficult to know which company to go with! I haven't had to claim so can't comment that way.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by peedie View Post
I have Sika insured with them. I looked around at lots of companies, they are one of the few that will cover dogs once they are past 7, it's just the excess % goes up each year then. They give a decent amount per illness too. It's really difficult to know which company to go with! I haven't had to claim so can't comment that way.
I was a bit dubious when my Dad mentioned them, having never heard of them before, but when I checked their policies they all sounded really good.

I think they've quoted £9.63 a month for a standard policy for Oscar which is pretty good for the cover I think!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I just took out cover for Parker from them. Jamie laughed when I told him the name of the company! Tesco's wanted to put Parker's insurance up to £33.00 a month from £18 a month we're currently paying. We haven't claimed anything in the last year-it's just his age I guess as he's 9 and a half now.

I will have to pay 15% of the bills or £125 excess, whichever is greater but they cover up to £4,000 per condition which is reasonable for £18 a month as Tesco's was only £3,000 per condition but no 15% to pay, just an excess. Parker is very fit and healthy and has no existing health conditions to exclude fortunately so I can shop around and change policies.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Posted a claim for Winter with his skin allergy on 18/09/11 and the check came to day!! and there was a bank holiday in there too. So am very pleased with Protect your Bubble.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
Posted a claim for Winter with his skin allergy on 18/09/11 and the check came to day!! and there was a bank holiday in there too. So am very pleased with Protect your Bubble.
I assume you mean 08 not 09?

However if you can go forward and backwards in time thats more impressive than how quick the cheque arrived
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >